From the 11-25-12 Sunday bulletin
Post date: Nov 26, 2012 2:30:17 AM
- There are no high school and middle school classes at 9:00 a.m. due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Today’s second tray will be passed for Ss. Cosmas and Damianos, the patron saints of the Philoptochos Society, to support the ministries of the Philoptochos.
- The next rehearsal for the Christmas play will be held on December 2. There is no rehearsal today.Parents, if your children have speaking parts, please help them memorize their lines.
- There will be no Sunday school classes today due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
Tuesday, November 27
- 5:30 p.m. Children’s Greek school
- 6:30 p.m. Adults’ Greek school
Thursday, November 29
- 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers and Divine Liturgy for the feast of St. Andrew the First-Called
Saturday, December 1
- 4:30 p.m. Byzantine chant
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
Sunday, December 2
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros; 10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy
- Parish council elections and Stewardship Sunday
- 12:00 noon Christmas play rehearsal
Thank you to those who placed a book order with the Sunday school. Book orders placed during the last few weeks are available for pick up. You will receive an email with the total amount due.
FALL GREEK DINNER – Please turn in all ticket sale income and leftover tickets as soon as possible. Remember, payment made for (purchasing) returned tickets becomes a tax-deductible donation.
If you would like to learn Byzantine chant or improve your chanting skills and the 4:30 p.m. on Saturday class time does not work with your schedule, let Fr. Peter know.
The Angel Tree Tags to benefit the children of Tanager Place will be put on the St. John’s Christmas tree on December 2. As we have done in the past, you can take a tag and bring the gifts the following Sunday to church.
The fellowship sign-up sheet for 2013 is posted by the kitchen. There are also one or two spots left to fill in December. Please stop by, choose a Sunday, and sponsor one of our beautiful gatherings following the services.
If you would like to read the epistle during the Sunday Divine Liturgy, please contact Fr. Peter.
To arrange an appointment for confession with Fr. Peter, please contact him. The sacrament of confession is an appropriate preparation to celebrating the great and holy feast of the Nativity of Christ.