From the 11-11-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Nov 18, 2012 8:55:53 PM
- CHILDREN’S SERMON right after the Gospel reading. Parents, remind your children to bring their own stewardship offering and place it in the basket as they come up.
- High school and middle school classes are at 9:00 am.
- A second tray will be passed at the request of His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios for the relief of the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
- During the Thanksgiving dinner, there will be a presentation from our stewardship chairperson, Elleni Huerter.
- Rehearsals for the Christmas Play will be held today after the stewardship presentation.Please pick up a rehearsal schedule today. There are no rehearsals on Nov 18 and 25. Parents,if your children have speaking parts, please help them memorize their lines.
Mon, Nov. 12
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers for the feast of St. John Chrysostom
- 6:30 p.m. Adult Greek School class
Tue, Nov 13
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for the feast of St. John Chrysostom
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers for the feast of Ss. Philip the Apostle and Gregory Palamas
- 5:30 p.m. Children’s Greek School class
- 6:30 p.m. Philoptochos meeting
Wed, Nov. 14 – 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for the feast of Ss. Philip the Apostle and Gregory Palamas
Thu, Nov. 15: Advent (Nativity Fast) begins.
Sat, Nov. 17
- 3:00 p.m. Gospel music performance in the hall. All church members are welcome
- 4:30 p.m. Byzantine chant
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
Thank you to those who placed a book order with the Sunday school. Book orders placed during the last few weeks will be available for pick up on Nov 18. You will receive an email with the total amount due.
PARISH ASSEMBLY – Next Sunday, November 18 – Please mark your calendars and prepare to attend the Fall Parish Assembly. In addition to being in good canonical standing with the Church, the UPRs and our bylaws also state that all Eligible Voters need to fill out a Pledge Form (Stewardship Commitment Card), pay all prior year balances at least 30 days before the Parish Assembly, and pay at least 75% of the current year’s pledge by the date of the Parish Assembly. Remember, if there isfinancial hardship to fulfill your pledged amount, speak to Fr. Peter and all adjustments will be made accordingly.
FALL GREEK DINNER – Please turn in all ticket sale income and left over tickets a.s.a.p.Remember, payments made for (purchasing) returned tickets become a tax-deductible donation.
If you would like to learn Byzantine chant or improve your chanting skills and the 4:30 p.m. on Saturday class time does not work with your schedule, let Fr. Peter know.
The Angel Tree Tags to benefit the children of Tanager Place will be put on the St. John’s Christmas tree on Dec 2. As we have done in the past, you can take a tag and bring the gifts the following Sunday to church.