From the 10-28-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Oct 31, 2012 4:24:48 PM
· TODAY – No children’s sermon.
· There are no Sunday school classes today. Classes will resume on Sunday, November 4. Parents and children are encouraged to sit in front of the church so they may witness the beauty of the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy.
· Tue, Oct. 30 – GREEK SCHOOL – 5:30 p.m. Children’s Class & 6:30 p.m. Adult Class
· Wed, Oct 31 – 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers
· Thu, Nov 1 – 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for the feast of Ss. Cosmas and Damian
· Sat, Nov 3, is the altar feast of the parish of St. Raphael of Brooklyn in Iowa City. Fr. Ignatius invites everyone who would like to join the celebration to come and worship on
Friday, November 2, at 7:00 p.m. for Vespers with Litia and Artoklasia, and on Saturday for Orthros at 8:45 a.m, and the Divine Liturgy at 10:00 a.m.
· Sat, Nov 3 – 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
· YOUNKER COUPON BOOK FUNDRAISER – We will again this year taking advantage of the opportunity to raise funds by selling the $5 coupon books from Younkers. We get to keep the $5 for each coupon book sold and if we sell 75 coupon books we also get an additional "bonus" from Younkers ($424 last year). If you are interested in selling some of these books or buying one for yourself please talk with Edie Yerington.
· Sat, Nov 3, there will be a HOPE trip to the museum of natural history.
· Rehearsals for the Christmas Play will begin on Sunday, November 4. Students who wish to be in the play please sign up on the bulletin board across from the church office. The Christmas Play will be held on December 16. Play rehearsals will be held during fellowship on Sundays with one Saturday rehearsal to be announced later. If you have any questions please see either Maria Katsiris or Dorothea Allans.
· The middle school and high school classes will be held at 9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. on Sundays beginning November 4. There are many advantages for this change: participate in the Doxology, full 45-minute class, less noise in the church hall, older altar servers may stay for the entire Liturgy and listening to the weekly sermons. Please arrive at 8:55 a.m. so classes may start on time.
· Sun, Nov. 4: Daylight savings time ends.
· Sun, Nov 4, 1-4 p.m., there will be a JOY/GOYA roller-skating outing
· PARISH ASSEMBLY – Sunday, November 18 – Please mark your calendars and prepare to attend the Fall Parish Assembly. In addition to being in good canonical standing with the Church, the UPRs and our bylaws also state that all Eligible Voters need to fill out a Pledge Form (Stewardship Commitment Card), pay all prior year balances at least 30 days before the Parish Assembly, and pay at least 75% of the current year’s pledge by the date of the Parish Assembly. Remember, if there is financial hardship to fulfill your pledged amount, speak to Fr. Peter and all adjustments will be made accordingly.
· PARISH ASSEMBLY – The parish council and Fr. Peter would like to hear your questions and comments about our parish. If you are eligible to participate in the assembly and have something you would like addressed then, please submit your item before Sunday, November 11, to Michael Christodoulou. The list of parishioners who are eligible to participate (as determined on 10/21) is posted on the bulletin board.
· FALL GREEK DINNER – Please turn in all ticket sale income and left over tickets a.s.a.p. Remember, payments made for (purchasing) returned tickets become a tax-deductible donation.
· The fellowship signup sheet for 2013 is now posted in the fellowship hall. A few more spots are available for December 2012 as well.
· During fellowship, make sure you see the books available to order from the church bookstore.