From the 10-21-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Oct 31, 2012 4:24:12 PM
· TODAY – CHILDREN’S SERMON right after the Gospel Reading. Parents, remind your children to bring their own stewardship offering and place it in the basket as they come up.
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL classes resume today. REMEMBER teachers then students come to communion first, so that teachers make it to the classroom before the students
· Mon, Oct. 22 – GREEK SCHOOL – 5:30pm Children’s Class & 6:30pm Adult Class
· Tue, Oct. 23 – METROPOLITAN IAKOVOS NAME DAY DINNER – This Clergy Syndesmos Fundraiser supports St. Iakovos Retreat Center. Our parish has budgeted a full table of 10 ($1000) and we look forward to filling it. If you wish to donate towards this please give your donation to Nicole Wright.
· Thu, Oct 25 – 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers
· Fri, Oct 26 – 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for the feast of St. Demetrios
· Sat, Oct. 27 – 6:00pm Great Vespers - Bishop Demetrios presiding.
· Sun, Oct. 28 – 8:30am Orthros; 9:45am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship. Bishop Demetrios presiding.
· YOUNKER COUPON BOOK FUNDRAISER – We will again this year taking advantage of the opportunity to raise funds by selling the $5 coupon books from Younkers. We get to keep the $5 for each coupon book sold and if we sell 75 coupon books we also get an additional "bonus" from Younkers ($424 last year). If you are interested in selling some of these books or buying one for yourself please talk with Edie Yerington.
· There are no Sunday school classes on October 28th. His Grace Bishop Demetrios will be visiting our church. This happens only a few times a school year. Parents and children are encouraged to sit in front of the church so they may witness the beauty of the Hierarchal Divine Liturgy.
· Rehearsals for the Christmas Play will begin on November 4th. Sign-up sheets are posted on the bulletin board. Please sing up your child if they wish to be in the play and for parents/teachers/parishioner to volunteer. The Christmas Play will be held on December 16th. The Middle School and High School Classes will be held at 9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. on Sundays beginning November 4th. There are many advantages for this change: participate in the Doxology, full 45 minute class, less noise in the Church Hall, older Altar servers may stay for the entire Liturgy and listening to the weekly Sermons. Please arrive at 8:55 a.m. so classes may start on time.
· PARISH ASSEMBLY – Sunday, November 18 – Please mark your calendars and prepare to attend the Fall Parish Assembly. In addition to being in good canonical standing with the Church, the UPRs and our bylaws also state that all Eligible Voters need to fill out a Pledge Form (Stewardship Commitment Card), pay all prior year balances at least 30 days before the Parish Assembly, and pay at least 75% of the current year’s pledge by the date of the Parish Assembly. Remember, if there is financial hardship to fulfill your pledged amount, speak to Fr. Peter and all adjustments will be made accordingly.
· FALL GREEK DINNER –Please turn in all ticket sale income and left over tickets a.s.a.p. Remember, payments made for (purchasing) returned tickets become a tax-deductible donation.
· PROSFORO – We need more prosforo for the Divine Liturgy. Speak with Fr. Peter.
· During fellowship, make sure you see the books available to order from the Sunday School. You may place an order until November 18th.