From the 10-07-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Oct 31, 2012 4:23:09 PM
· TODAY – NO Children’s Sermon and No SUNDAY SCHOOL classes due to the Fall Greek Dinner. Sermon and Sunday School classes resume next Sunday (October 14).
· TODAY – Sun, Oct. 7 – FALL GREEK DINNER – 11:00AM – 7:00PM – Please turn in all ticket sale income and left over tickets TODAY, if possible. Remember, payments made for (purchasing) returned tickets become a tax-deductible donation. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, come and help out today even if you haven’t signed up – just come and look at the sign up sheet to see where you could be useful – volunteer positions still open.
· Mon, Oct. 8 – Parishioner Home & Nursing Home visitations/communion by Fr. Ciprian
· Mon, Oct. 8 – GREEK SCHOOL – 5:30pm Children’s Class & 6:30pm Adult Class
· Tue, Oct. 9 – 6:30pm Philoptochos Meeting
· Thu, Oct. 11 – SERVICE OUTREACH – Meal to Ronald McDonald House. Speak to Regina C. if you’d like to participate by helping prepare the food, by donating toward the cost of ingredients, or by delivering the meal which will be served between 5pm to 7pm.
· Sat, Oct. 13 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Oct. 14 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Farewell Party for Fr. Ciprian & family during Fellowship/Coffee hour.
· Mon, Oct. 15 – CEMETERY CLEAN-UP by Murdoch. Please be sure to remove flowers you don’t want thrown away or items that might break (e.g.: candle holder) before that date.
· Mon, Oct. 15 – GREEK SCHOOL – 5:30pm Children’s Class & 6:30pm Adult Class
· Oct. 15/16 – Fr. Ciprian Sas leaves Cedar Rapids and Fr. Peter Andronache moves here.
· Tue, Oct. 16 – 6:30pm Parish Council Meeting
· Thu, Oct. 17 – St. Luke the Evangelist – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· PARISH ASSEMBLY – Sunday, November 18 – Please mark your calendars and prepare to attend the Fall Parish Assembly. In addition to being in good canonical standing with the Church, the UPRs and our bylaws also state that all Eligible Voters need to fill out a Pledge Form (Stewardship Commitment Card), pay all prior year balances at least 30 days before the Parish Assembly, and pay at least 75% of the current year’s pledge by the date of the Parish Assembly. Remember, if there is financial hardship to fulfill your pledged amount, speak to Fr. Ciprian and all adjustments will be made accordingly.
· PROSFORO – We need more prosforo for the Divine Liturgy. Speak with Father.
· PARISH SURVEY – Thank you to the Long-Range Committee for initiating the Parish Survey process and to the Parish Council for finalizing it in record time. Please take the time to diligently read the instructions, answer all the questions on the Survey and mail it back to the Church by the specified due date.
· ORGAN – Per Parish Assembly, Organ is ready to go to a good home. Free will donation to church is encouraged.