From the 09-23-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Oct 31, 2012 4:21:49 PM
· TODAY – HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Fr. Ciprian Sas who today is 37 years old and a warm welcome to Fr. Ciprian’s parents, Fr. Aurel & Pre. Lidia Sas, and Fr. Tim Sas & daughters.
· TODAY – CHILDREN’S SERMON after the reading of the Gospel. Parents, please remind the youth to bring their stewardship offering at this time.
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL – Teachers then students receive communion first (in that order) so that students do not end up in the Church Hall unsupervised.
· TODAY – Memorial Service for Diana Erceg (6 months) and Voula Chipokas (40 days). May their memory be eternal and their souls rest in peace among the saints.
· TODAY – 40-year Anniversary Prayers for V.Rev.Fr. Aurel Sas and Pre. Lidia Sas in the midst of their son’s parish family of St. John the Baptist. Happy Anniversary!
· TODAY – 1:30pm Catherine McAuley Tea Fundraiser
· Mon, Sept. 24 – Parishioner Home & Nursing Home visitations by Fr. Ciprian
· Mon, Sept. 24 – GREEK SCHOOL – 5:30pm Children’s Class & 6:30pm Adult Class
· Sat, Sept. 29 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sat, Sept. 29 – about 6:00pm GAME NIGHT for YOUTH of ALL ages – Our Youth of ALL ages is invited to attend the Great Vespers at 5:30pm and then enjoy an evening of fun with age appropriate games - a great opportunity to enjoy some fun time with Father and his family before they move. Don’t forget to bring your favorite board games, etc. Speak to Michelle Bayouth for more details.
· Sat, Sept. 30 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship by Okones & Presentation by Laryssa & Jon Klein about Mission Trips to Guatemala and Romania.
· Tue, Oct. 2 – Sts. Ciprian & Justina – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Tue, Oct. 2 – 11:00am SENIORS’ EVENT with Fr. Aurel & Pre. Lidia Sas. Fr. Aurel will offer a presentation about his pilgrimage to Jerusalem, Mt. Athos, Romania, etc. Bring your Brown Bag Brunch and good cheer.
· Sat, Oct. 6 – PASTRIES PREPARATION FOR DINNER – Speak to Eleonora R. for details
· Sat, Oct. 6 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Oct. 7 – 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy (EARLIER DUE TO DINNER)
· Sun, Oct. 7 – FALL GREEK DINNER – 11:00AM – 7:00PM – As usual, 10 tickets per adult have been distributed in the hopes that all of them and more will be sold. If not, payments made for (purchasing) returned tickets become a tax-deductible donation. Last but not least, the Sign-up Sheet for the Volunteer Positions is in the Church Hall by the refreshments line. Please do not leave till last minute and SIGN-UP TODAY.
· PARISH ASSEMBLY – Sunday, November 18 – Please mark your calendars and prepare to attend the Fall Parish Assembly. In addition to being in good canonical standing with the Church, the UPRs and our bylaws also state that all Eligible Voters need to fill out a Pledge Form (Stewardship Commitment Card), pay all prior year balances at least 30 days before the Parish Assembly, and pay at least 75% of the current year’s pledge by the date of the Parish Assembly. Remember, if there is financial hardship to fulfill your pledged amount, speak to Fr. Ciprian and all adjustments will be made accordingly.
· FOOD PANTRY – This month’s collection of non-perishable food items from will be taken this week to Linn Community Food Bank.