From the 09-07-14 bulletin
Post date: Sep 20, 2014 10:31:25 PM
This week at St. John
- Sunday, September 7 – Sunday before Holy Cross
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy, with blessing of the children and teachers for the beginning of the Sunday school year and fellowship to follow
- brief meeting of Sunday school parents in the nave, after Liturgy.
- Special parish assembly with Jerry Minetos
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers for the Nativity of the Theotokos
- Monday, September 8 – the Nativity of the Theotokos
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy
- 6:00 p.m. Religious education
- Tuesday, September 9
- 9:30 a.m. Religious education
- 10:30 a.m. Senior event: 1st Ave. firehouse visit
- 6:30 p.m. Philoptochos meeting
- Wednesday, September 10
- 9:30 a.m. Paraklesis
- Saturday, September 13
- 4:30 p.m. Byzantine chant
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
- Sunday, September 14 – The Exaltation of the Holy Cross
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy with fellowship to follow. Fellowship will be hosted by the families of the children who have attended camp this summer and the children will give brief presentations on their camp experiences.
The prosforo this week was provided by the Vacation Church School.
Sunday school announcements
- This Sunday, there will be a special blessing for the children and teachers.
- Middle and High school students will meet at 9:00 a.m.; grades 1-5 will meet after Holy Communion.
- Please allow the teachers receive Holy Communion first so they may be in the hall before the children.
- There will be a brief Sunday school Parent meeting in the Nave of the church. Award information and materials will be distributed and explained. Please remain upstairs after receiving antidoron.
The tickets for the Fall dinner will be distributed on today. The signup sheet for working at the event has been posted in the church hall.
As we continue to pray our weekly paraklesis, please give me the names of your loved ones so that we can pray for their health and salvation. If you have given me the names recently, think about your list on occasion and let me know if there are any changes. Please specify whether you would like all or some of these names to be published in our bulletin so that our parishioners may add them to their daily prayers.
For stewardship in 2014, we have $93,664 pledged so far, of the $100,500 budgeted/$118,715 needed for the 2014 budget. Please fill out a pledge form if you have not done so yet! Forms should be in the narthex.
If you have any tickets or money left to return from the spring dinner, please do so as soon as possible.