From the 06-09-13 bulletin
Post date: Jun 14, 2013 4:37:15 PM
This week at St. John
- Sunday, June 9 – Sunday of the Blind Man
- 8:30 a.m. Orthros, 9:30 a.m. Divine Liturgy. Trisagion for Konstantinos and Sotirios Eleftheriou
- Monday, June 10
- 12:00 noon Seniors’ Event at Pizza Ranch Westdale
- Tuesday, June 11 — Newsletter submissions are due!
- 6:00 p.m. Philoptochos Annual ‘Ladies’ Night Out: Mini-golf and Dinner’
- Wednesday, June 12
- 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers
- Book club following Vespers
- Thursday, June 13 – Great Feast of the Holy Ascension
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy
- Saturday, June 15
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
- Sunday, June 16 – Sunday of the Fathers of the First Ecumenical Council
- 8:30 a.m. Orthros, 9:30 a.m. Divine Liturgy, with fellowship to follow
- Hymnology class following Holy Communion
The hymnology class will meet Sundays in the hall, June 16 – July 29. Parents may register for the summer program on the sign-up sheet in the hall or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If not participating in the class, please do not enter the hall during class. Teachers are needed! See Fr. Peter or Maria Katsiris if interested
The prosforo this week was provided by Goldie Helgens.
Please contact Fr. Peter if you would like to be a part of a new group helping serve meals at Green Square Meals approximately once a month.
As a security precaution, the side door will be locked except during Sunday services. During any service the doorbell will be turned off. Please come in the front door or ask for assistance during regular weekly services.
The food bank continues to have much need for donations. Each time Carrol takes food there they weigh the church's donation, and our gifts are much appreciated. The food pantry donation box is in the narthex area.
Parents, submit a letter to the parish council to request assistance for children going to camp this summer:
- Camp St. George is an Orthodox camp of the Antiochian Archdiocese in Iowa, August 11-17. The registration deadline is June 30. For more information and registration forms, visit http://campstgeorge.org
FALL DINNER: It’s not too early to start planning for the next event, coming up on October 13. The sign-up sheet for helping at the event is posted in the church hall. As always, we need everyone’s help, so plan on attending and pick a shift or two that you can donate to this fundraiser.