From the 05-05-13 bulletin
Post date: May 22, 2013 9:09:08 PM
BRIGHT WEEK at St. John
Sunday, May 5 – Great and Holy Pascha
- 11:30 a.m. Agape Vespers, followed by children’s egg hunt
Monday, May 6 – Bright Monday
- 9:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy at St. George
- 1:30 p.m. Bible study, Book of Hebrews (group 1)
Tuesday, May 7 – Bright Tuesday
- 10:30 a.m. Bible study, Book of Hebrews (group 2)
- 5:30 p.m. Children’s Greek school
- 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers for St. John the Theologian
Wednesday, May 8 – Bright Wednesday
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for St. John the Theologian
Thursday, May 9 – Bright Thursday
- 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers for the Life-giving Spring
Friday, May 10 – Bright Friday
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for the Life-giving Spring
- 3:00 p.m. Groundbreaking for St. Iakovos retreat center in Kansasville, WI
- 6:30 p.m. Bible study, Book of Hebrews (group 3)
Saturday, May 11 – Bright Saturday
- 4:30 p.m. Byzantine chant
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
Sunday, May 12 – Sunday of St. Thomas
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros, 10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy
The prosfora this week were provided by Regina Christodoulou, Angie Panagos, Mary Dalamaggas, and Tula Margellos.
As a security precaution, unless there is a parish council member on narthex duty, the side door will be locked. Only during Sunday services, the door will be open. During all services the doorbell will be turned off. Please come in the front door or ask for assistance during regular weekly services.
The food bank continues to have much need for donations. Each time Carrol takes food there they weigh the church's donation, and our gifts are much appreciated. The food pantry donation box is in the narthex area.
The ladies of St. George are having a Mother’s Day Banquet at St. George on Thursday, May 9. All women (not just mothers and daughters) are invited. Advance tickets (only) via Gayle Goodale (319-393-7807).
Summer is drawing near. Parents, please submit a letter to the parish council if you would like your children to receive assistance towards going to camp. Fanari camp applications are now available. Registration forms are now available for Camp St. George, an Orthodox camp of the Antiochian Archdiocese in Iowa, August 11-17. For more information and registration forms, visit http://campstgeorge.org The registration deadline is June 30.
The dinner is approaching (May 19), and we need help to prepare the pastries. Whether you are able to make the pastries or donate to the materials for making them, please let Eleonora or Regina know
The SPRING GREEK DINNER tickets have been distributed. If you have not received any or need more after selling these, speak to Michael. The sign-up form for volunteer positions is in the church hall. Your help is needed in making this a successful event.