From the 03-17-13 bulletin
Post date: Mar 17, 2013 8:17:38 PM
This week at St. John
· Today, March 17
o Book orders are ready for pick up. The book store will again accept orders today through March 31 if you would like to order gifts delivered in time for Pascha.
o 1 year memorial for Diana (Dionysia) Erceg
o Please donate coins to the Sunday School for their fundraiser for OCMC, which begins today.
o 5:30 p.m. Forgiveness vespers
· Monday, March 18 – Clean Monday, the first day of Great Lent
o 1:30 p.m. Bible study - the book of Hebrews (group 1)
o 6:00 p.m. Compline with canon of St. Andrew
· Tuesday, March 19
o 10:30 a.m. Bible study - the book of Hebrews (group 2)
o 4:30 p.m. Level 3 Greek school
o 5:30 p.m. Compline
o 6:30 p.m. Parish Council meeting
· Wednesday, March 20
- 5:30 p.m. Presanctified Liturgy
- 7:00 p.m. Lenten meal
- 7:30 p.m. Religious education
- Thursday, March 21
- 6:00 p.m. Compline with canon of St. Andrew
- Friday, March 22
- 6:00 p.m. Salutations
- 7:00 p.m. Bible study - the book of Hebrews (group 3)
- Saturday, March 23
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for the Saturday of the Commemoration of the Miracle of Kolyva by St. Theodore the Tyro
- HOPE worship and baking (includes participation in morning services)
- 4:30 p.m. Byzantine chant
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
- Sunday, March 24
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros, 10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy, followed by fellowship in the hall
- 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. GOYA bowling
- 5:30 p.m. Pan-Orthodox Vespers for the Annunciation, with Icon Procession
· The prosfora this week were provided by Tula Margellos (Saturday), and Mary Moscrip and Venetta Korovilas (Sunday). Starting this week, multiple lambs are consecrated on Sunday for the Presanctified Liturgies.
· We need olive oil for the altar candle. If you would like to help, please see Fr. Peter.
· Sign up to help with the March 24 fellowship following Vespers. Our parish is hosting the first Pan-Orthodox Vespers this year on March 24. We will provide a spaghetti meal afterwards to all in attendance, and we are looking for parishioners who are interested in providing some of the side dishes and desserts for the meal. If you are interested in helping, please utilize the sign-up sheet in the church hall.
· Sign up for Easter Flower Donations. A sign-up sheet has been posted in the church hall for those who would like to donate towards the flower decorations we will be using throughout Lent.
· Fundraising Committee Meeting – Sunday, March 24, during fellowship. Anyone interested in being part of the fundraising committee for 2013 is invited to attend a short meeting on March 24 during fellowship. If you have any questions, please see Michael Christodoulou.
· Spring Parish Assembly - Sunday, April 14. The Spring Parish Assembly will take place on Sunday April 14 following fellowship. Please remember that eligible voters need to have filled out a Pledge Form for 2013, paid 25% of their 2013 total pledge by the day of the Parish Assembly, and paid all prior year pledge balances 30 days prior to the Parish Assembly. A list of eligible voters will be posted following the last Sunday of March.
· Our parish has $500 available for use in 2013, with an individual maximum of $250 per child, for summer camp. Parents, please submit a letter to the parish council if you would like your children to receive assistance towards going to camp. The children are expected to be part of a fundraiser towards this assistance fund, so that we will be able to afford the same opportunity next year. More details will be forthcoming.