From the 03-10-13 bulletin
Post date: Mar 11, 2013 12:19:08 AM
This week at St. John
o A second tray will be passed today for IOCC relief efforts in Syria
o Book orders are ready for pick up. The book store will again accept orders on March 17th through March 31st if you would like to order gifts delivered in time for Pascha.
· Monday, March 11
o 12:00 noon. Luncheon and program by Christina Patramis about her career in the theatre
o Following the program: Bible study - the book of Hebrews (group 1)
· Tuesday, March 12
o 10:30 a.m. Bible study - the book of Hebrews (group 2)
o 5:30 p.m. Level 3 Greek school
· Wednesday, March 13
o 5:30 p.m. Level 1 Greek school
- 6:15 p.m. Adult Greek school
- Friday, March 15
- 6:00 p.m. Vespers for Saturday of ascetic saints
- Bible study - the book of Hebrews (group 3) immediately after Vespers
- Saturday, March 16
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for the Saturday of ascetic saints
- 4:30 p.m. Byzantine chant
- 5:30 p.m. Vespers
· The prosfora this week were provided by Regina Christodoulou (Friday), Venetta Korovilas (Saturday) and Helen Dalamaggas (Sunday).
· Congratulations to Greg and Erica Marie Korovilas on the birth of their son, Kyriakos James, on February 16.
· Signup for helping with the March 24 fellowship following Vespers. Our parish is hosting the first Pan-Orthodox Vespers this year on March 24th. We will be providing a spaghetti meal afterwards to all in attendance and we are looking for parishioners that would be interested in providing some of the side dishes and desserts for the meal. If you are interested in helping please utilize the signup sheet in the church hall.
· Signup for Easter Flower Donations. A signup sheet has been posted in the church hall for those that would like to donate towards the flower decorations we will be using throughout Lent.
· Fundraising Committee Meeting - Sunday March 24 during fellowship. Anyone interested in being part of the fundraising committee for 2013 is invited to attend a short meeting on March 24th during fellowship. If you have any questions please see Michael Christodoulou.
· Spring Parish Assembly - Sunday, April 14. The Spring Parish Assembly will take place on Sunday April 14th following Fellowship. Please remember that eligible voters need to have filled out a Pledge Form for 2013, paid 25% of their 2013 total pledge by the day of the Parish Assembly and paid all prior year pledge balances 30 days prior to the Parish Assembly. A list of eligible voters will be posted following the last Sunday of March.
· Our parish has $500 available for use in 2013, with an individual maximum of $250 per child for summer camp. Parents, please submit a letter to the parish council if you would like your children to receive assistance towards going to the camp. The children are expected to be part of a fundraiser towards this assistance fund, so that we will be able to afford the same opportunity next year. More details will be forthcoming
· Two weeks until the beginning of Lent. Please call the office to set up a time to have your house blessed with holy water from Theophany.
· Start saving your coins. The Sunday School Coin Fundraiser for the OCMC begins on March 17