From the 02-10-13 bulletin
Post date: Feb 15, 2013 3:45:41 PM
- Calendars for 2013 are available at the back of the church. Please return unwanted 2012 calendars to the box outside Fr. Peter’s office.
- Middle school at 9:00 a.m. Preschool through fifth grade after Holy Communion. High school classes will be held on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 11
- 6:30 p.m. Adults’ Greek School
- Tuesday, February 12
- 5:30 Children’s Greek school
- 6:30 p.m. Philoptochos meeting
- Wednesday, February 13
- 5:00 p.m. Church school class for high schoolers
- Friday, February 15
- Newsletter submissions are due
- Saturday, February 16
- 4:30 p.m. Byzantine chant
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
- Sunday, February 17
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros; 10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy
- The fellowship sign-up sheet for 2013 is posted by the kitchen. Please stop by, choose a Sunday, and sponsor one of our beautiful gatherings following the services.
- If you have not filled out a pledge form for 2013, please do so as soon as possible.
- Donation envelopes are available in the narthex for those who would like to use them.A
- All submissions and photos for the March and April newsletter items are due on February 15. Please submit your items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your timely response.
- The seniors will have a theater outing on Wednesday, February 20. More details to follow.
- The St. John Chrysostom Oratorical Festival will be held on Sunday, February 24.
- Fr. Peter and Presv. Magda invite all of you to the baptism of their son, Timothy Moses, on Saturday, March 2, at 10:00 a.m. at St. John.
- Fr. Fred and Khourieh Michelle Shaheen invite all the faithful of St. John the Baptist to be with them for the baptism of Zoe Marie Shaheen on Sunday, March 3, at 3:00 p.m. at St. George Church in Cedar Rapids. A reception will follow. Please see the sign-up sheet outside Fr. Peter’s door if you would like to come so we can let Fr. Fred know what preparations to make.
- Please do not double park, or park in the entrance to the parking lot on Sundays. The bank parking lot is available for our use.
- In order to accommodate all our parishioners with disabilities, two additional parking spots on the church side will be used as handicapped parking on Sundays. Please be supportive of our fellow parishioners and do not use these additional spots if you can walk to church from a different location.
- Please call the office to set up a time to have your house blessed with holy water from Theophany.