From the 02-03-13 bulletin
Post date: Feb 8, 2013 4:56:17 PM
- Calendars for 2013 are available at the back of the church. Please return unwanted 2012 calendars to the box outside Fr. Peter’s office.
- Middle school at 9:00 a.m. Preschool through fifth grade after Holy Communion. High school classes will be held on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m.
- Memorial service for Tom Karras
- 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. JOY and GOYA: Guided discussions with Father
- Tuesday, February 5
- 5:00 Greek school
- 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers for St. Photios the Great
- Wednesday, February 6
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for St. Photios the Great
- 4:45 p.m. Children’s Greek school
- 5:00 p.m. Church school class for high schoolers
- 5:30 p.m. Adults’ Greek school
- Saturday, February 9
- 3:00 p.m. Long-range Planning Committee meeting. All parishioners are welcome to attend.
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
- Sunday, February 10
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros; 10:00 a.m. Divine Liturgy
- The fellowship sign-up sheet for 2013 is posted by the kitchen. Please stop by, choose a Sunday, and sponsor one of our beautiful gatherings following the services.
- If you have not filled out a pledge form for 2013, please do so as soon as possible.
- Donation envelopes are available in the narthex for those who would like to use them.
- Fr. Peter and Presv. Magda invite all of you to the baptism of their son, Timothy Moses, on Saturday, March 2, at 10 a.m. at St. John.
- Fr. Fred and Khourieh Michelle Shaheen invite all the faithful of St. John the Baptist to be with them for the baptism of Zoe Marie Shaheen on Sunday, March 3, at 3:00 p.m. at St. George Church in Cedar Rapids. A reception will follow. Please see the sign-up sheet outside Fr. Peter’s door if you would like to come so we can let Fr. Fred know what preparations to make.
- All submissions and photos for the March and April newsletter items due on February 15. Please submit your items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your timely response.
- Please do not double park, or park in the entrance to the parking lot on Sundays. The bank parking lot is available for our use.
- In order to accommodate all our parishioners with disabilities, two additional parking spots on the church side will be used as handicapped parking on Sundays. Please be supportive of our fellow parishioners and do not use these additional spots if you can walk to church from a different location. Thank you.
- Please call the office to set up a time to have your house blessed with holy water from Theophany.