From the 01-12-14 bulletin
Post date: Jan 21, 2014 12:57:33 AM
This week at St. John
- Sunday, January 12 – Sunday after Theophany
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy, with Vasilopita-cutting and fellowship to follow
- No Sunday school
- Monday, January 13
- 12:00 noon Seniors’ Event: meet at church for fellowship and a brown-bag lunch; bring a white elephant gift to use as a prize for post-luncheon bingo
- 6:00 p.m. Orthodox Spirituality series (A)
- Tuesday, January 14
- 10:00 a.m. Orthodox Spirituality series (B)
- 6:00 p.m. Philoptochos Outing at the Outback Steakhouse
- Thursday, January 16
- 5:30 p.m. Vespers and Divine Liturgy for St. Anthony
- Friday, January 17
- 6:00 p.m. Great Vespers for Ss. Athanasios and Cyril
- 7:00 p.m. All-youth activity
- Saturday, January 18
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy for Ss. Athanasios and Cyril
- 4:30 p.m. Byzantine chant
- 5:30 p.m. Great Vespers
- 6:30 p.m. Orthodox Spirituality series (C)
- Sunday, January 19 – 12th Sunday of Luke
- 9:00 a.m. Orthros and Divine Liturgy, with fellowship to follow
- Sunday school: 9:00 a.m. for Middle and High School, after Communion for K-5
The prosfora this week were provided by Regina Christodoulou, Tula Margellos, and Eleonora Rieck.
The sign-up for the 2014 fellowships is posted in the hall. Please remember juice for fellowship should not be red or dark-colored, in case of spills.
For 2014, we have $68,441 pledged so far, of the $100,500 budgeted/$118,715 needed for 2014. Please fill out a pledge form if you have not done so yet! Forms should be in the narthex.
2014 calendars are here. Please bring your 2013 calendars back so that we can use the icons for Sunday school.
Starting Monday, January 13, and through the month of February, Fr. Peter will be blessing the homes of the St. John faithful. The schedule has gone out by email and regular mail. Please contact the office as soon as possible if you need to make a change in the schedule.
Seniors’ Event on Monday, January 13: We will meet at church at 12 noon to enjoy fellowship and a brown bag lunch. After lunch, we will play bingo. Please bring a white elephant gift to use as a prize. Please contact Edie Yerington if you have questions.
The annual Philoptochos Outing will be on Tuesday, January 14, at 6:00 p.m. at the Outback Steakhouse. Please contact Kay Escobedo at 319 350-9826 for more details or to confirm your attendance.