From 4/25/10 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: May 3, 2010 4:36:20 PM
· THE MESSENGER – The May-June Issue needs to go out this week. If you are a parish ministry leader and still need to submit something for the newsletter, please do so by midnight TODAY.
· FUNERAL & WAKE – George Tzotzoudakis fell asleep in the Lord on Thursday, April 22. The visitations at Murdoch Funeral Home will be on Mon, April 26 and start at 4:00pm (family) and 5:00pm (public); the Trisagion Service will be at 7:00pm. The funeral will be on Tue, April 27 at 10:00am. After the Grave-Site service, the Makaria will be at church. May his memory be eternal!
· SPRING PARISH ASSEMBLY – Thank you to all those who participated in the Parish Assembly.
· LIFE LESSONS FROM SUNDAY GOSPEL READINGS – Every Tuesday at 5:30pm-6:30pm.
· PHILOPTOCHOS – Meeting was postponed. It’ll take place this Tuesday, April 20 at 6:30pm.
· GREEK SCHOOL – Every Wednesday – Children’s Classes at 4:30pm; Adult Class at 5:30pm.
· GREAT VESPERS & ALTAR BOY TRAINING – Every Saturday at 5:30pm. Boys 6 years or older are encouraged arrive at church at 5:15pm for training during Vespers (30-40 minutes only).
· PHILOPTOCHOS ALTAR COVERS PROJECT – If you would like to help Philoptochos to acquire a much-needed new set of Altar Covers (etc.), please see the sign-up sheet in church hall. Please jot down your name and the amount you’d like to donate toward the desired item. Checks should be written to “Philoptochos”.
· SPRING GRECIAN DINNER – SUN, MAY 2, 2010 – PLEASE SIGN UP! Please sign up! Repeated on purpose, because most volunteer slots are still open. We are looking for 2 volunteers to help George Haronitis and Harry Kitsos at Tomaso's with the intent that they would start to take a lead in this position in the future. THE SIGN-UP SHEET is in the Church Hall.
· DINNER SET-UP AT SCOTTISH RIGHT – will take place on Sat, May 1 at 1:00pm.
· DINNER PASTRIES – Please bring the pastries to church on Sat, May 1st at 5:00pm.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL - There will be no Sunday School on Sunday, May 2nd due to the Spring Grecian Dinner. Classes will resume on Sunday, May 9th at the usual time.
· TULIP FESTIVAL IN PELLA, IA – Sat, May 8 – This event is for the entire parish. All who are interested to come, can meet at church on Sat, May 8th at noon so as to make it there in time for the 2:30pm Parade. Afterwards, everyone is encouraged to stay for Great Vespers at St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Pella at 5:30pm.