From 4/03/10 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: May 3, 2010 4:34:43 PM
· TODAY – TRADITIONAL LAMB MEAL hosted by the Parish Council – Thank you Alex Hadjis and Katering Kitchen for preparing the main course and side dish. Thanks to all who have brought desserts. Last but certainly not least, an anticipated thank you to all who will stay after the meal to help parish council members clean up. Help is needed J
· TODAY – 11:00am - AGAPE VESPERS and Easter Egg Hunt
· SOME THANK YOUs for Great Lent Good Deeds – To all who donated for flowers and other liturgical needs. There still are some openings, if you haven’t yet signed up. To our Altar Servers and Myrrh-bearers for a job well done. To our Philoptochos ladies for the Holy Cross Luncheon and the Wednesday evening lenten meals. To all our workers for the Church Cleanup and Decoration. To our Sunday School and staff and parents for a wonderful Palm Sunday Luncheon. And to our chanters.
· PHILOPTOCHOS ALTAR COVERS PROJECT – If you would like to help Philoptochos to acquire a much-needed new set of Altar Covers (etc.), please see the sign-up sheet in church hall.
· LIFE LESSONS FROM SUNDAY GOSPEL READINGS (2010) – EVERY TUESDAY from 5:30pm-6:30pm (unless otherwise noted) – This in-depth look at the Gospel Readings prescribed by the Orthodox Church for each of the 52 Sundays for 2010 focuses on how to best apply the teachings from these Gospel Readings to our every-day lives. CANCELLED FOR TUE, APR. 6 DUE TO TRISAGION SERVICE IN IOWA CITY!
· GREEK SCHOOL – Wed, April 7 – Children’s Classes at 4:30pm; Adult Class at 5:30pm
· PARISH COUNCIL – Meeting on Wed, April 7 at 6:30pm
· FR. CIRIAN OUT OF TOWN – FRI, APR. 9 to FRI, APR. 16 – Fr. Ciprian will be on vacation from Fri, Apr. 9 to Sun, Apr. 11 and at Metropolis Clergy Syndesmos Retreat starting Mon, Apr. 12. He will be returning into town on Fri, April 16. Please note there will be no services on Fri, Apr. 9 or Sat, Apr. 10, but services for Sunday, April 11 will be served at the usual time (Orthros at 9:00am and Divine Liturgy at 10:00am) and will be followed by Fellowship. The Philoptochos Meeting on Tue, Apr. 13 (6:30pm) and Greek School Classes on Wed, Apr. 14 will be held as scheduled (no changes there).
· SAT, APR. 17 – GREAT VESPERS – We will join St. George at 5:00pm for the hierarchal Great Vespers in honor of their Church’s Festal Celebration. His Grace Bishop Mark will be presiding. If you are interested in staying for their Festal Fundraising Dinner and Program, please contact Gwen Atty (319-393-6766) or Gene and Jana Nassif (319-365-4213).
· PARISH ASSEMBLY – SUN, APRIL 18, 2010 – Please check the List of Eligible Voters in the Church Hall and speak with Michael Christodoulou if your name is not on it. The goal is that everyone be in good standing and that everyone will attend and actively participate in the Parish Assembly.
· SENIORS’ HEALTHY EATING FOR LIFE – Mon, April 19 at 11:00am – We will have a presentation by dietician Christie Frese about healthy eating, choices, and buying. At about 12pm (noon) we will have lunch together at the HyVee Deli. Contact Person is Edie Yerington.
· SPRING GRECIAN DINNER – SUN, MAY 2, 2010 – THE SIGN-UP SHEET is now posted in the Church Hall, please sign up early. We are looking for 2 volunteers to help George Haronitis and Harry Kitsos at Tomaso's; with the intent that they would start to take a lead in this position in the future.