From 12/27/09 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Dec 29, 2009 8:33:53 PM
· TODAY – FELLOWSHIP SIGN-UP LIST FOR 2010 is on the Bulletin Board in the Church Hall. Please pick your desired Sunday, whatever Sundays will not be filled in today will be assigned and published in the Messenger in the Church Hall and on our website. We need a fellowship sponsor for Next Sunday, January 3rd.
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL – There are no classes TODAY. Classes resume on Jan 3rd, 2010.
· TODAY - ORTHODOX CALENDARS (Wall and Pocket) – If you haven’t yet received one, please grab one Orthodox Wall Calendar for your home and one Orthodox Pocket Calendar for each family member.
· GREEK SCHOOL – Classes this Wednesday, Dec. 30: Children at 4:30pm and Adults at 5:30pm.
· YOUNG ALTAR BOYS PROGRAM – All our boys who are or will be 6 years or older by the end of 2009 are invited to come to the Altar Boys' Training during the Great Vespers services every Saturday at 5:15pm. This is a wonderful opportunity and a great way for the younger boys to be trained as altar boys and prepare them to eventually serve during the Divine Liturgy as well.
· THE OUTDOOR PAN-ORTHODOX BLESSING OF THE WATERS/RIVER - The Iowa Orthodox Christian Clergy Association (IOCCA) will host an Outdoor Blessing of the Waters Service as part of our Theophany celebrations on Saturday, January 9 at 11AM. St. Raphael has graciously agreed to organize/host this event. We are pleased Bishop Demetrios of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago will be able to be with us and preside over the service. We will gather on the pedestrian bridge spanning the Iowa River which is next to the Iowa River Power Restaurant and Flannigan's Bar & Grill on 1st Avenue in Coralville, IA. Faithful from our neighboring Orthodox parishes are encouraged to invite/bring non-Orthodox friends for this joyous event. After the short service, everyone is invited to fellowship over lunch at Flannigan's.
· PROSFORO – Let Fr. Ciprian know if you would like to make prosforo for the Divine Liturgy.
· LIFE LESSONS FROM SUNDAY GOSPEL READINGS – EVERY TUESDAY from 5:30pm-6:30pm – This in-depth look at the Gospel Readings prescribed by the Orthodox Church for each of the 52 Sundays for 2010 will focus on how to best apply the teachings from these Gospel Readings to our every-day life. They will start on Tuesday, January 5, 2010, though this first session will be slightly delayed due to the Epiphany Vespers.
· UPCOMING SERVICES AND EVENTS – If you are wondering if any of our church services are cancelled due to severe weather conditions, please check our website or call the church office. ALL upcoming services and events (until Great Lent) are listed on the church website with details.