From 12/20/09 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Dec 21, 2009 5:13:10 PM
· TODAY – THE OATH OF OFFICE FOR THE 2010 PARISH COUNCIL will be done immediately after the Divine Liturgy while the Sunday School Children will be getting ready for the Christmas Play.
· TODAY – THE CHRISTMAS PLAY will take place after the The Oath of Office. The revealing of the Sunday School Christmas Buddies and the Christmas gifts distribution to our Sunday School students will be done after the play.
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL LUNCHEON sponsored by our Sunday School families will take place in the Church Hall. Everyone is invited to stay and enjoy the foods/refreshments and fellowship.
· TODAY – FELLOWSHIP SIGN-UP LIST FOR 2010 is on the Bulletin Board in the Church Hall. Please pick your desired Sunday, whatever Sundays will not be filled in today will be assigned and published in the Messenger in the Church Hall and on our website.
· TODAY- THE MESSENGER (Our Bi-Monthly Newsletter) – If there is still something you would like to submit for the Newsletter (especially some good pictures from today’s Christmas Play, etc.), please send to email@example.com by midnight tonight.
· RELIGIOUS EDUCATION on Monday Evenings at 6:00pm. Everyone is welcome and invited to these 1 hour classes/sessions. Please let Fr. Ciprian know if you are planning to come.
· GREEK SCHOOL – There are not classes this Wednesday, Dec. 23, but there are classes on Wed, Dec. 30.
· CHRISTMAS SERVICES :
o Thursday, Dec. 24 – 9:00am - Royal Hours for Nativity
o Thursday, Dec. 24 – 5:30pm – Great Vespers for Nativity
o Friday, Dec. 25 – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sat, December 26 – 5:30pm - Great Vespers
· YOUNG ALTAR BOYS PROGRAM – All our boys who are or will be 6 years or older by the end of 2009 are invited to come to the Altar Boys' Training during the Great Vespers services every Saturday at 5:15pm. This is a wonderful opportunity and a great way for the younger boys to be trained as altar boys and prepare them to eventually serve during the Divine Liturgy as well.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – There is no classes on December 27th. Classes will resume on January 3rd, 2010.
· STEWARDSHIP UPDATE – On Stewardship Sunday (Dec. 6), we had a total of 31 households (43 adults) pledge a total of $53,351.00 which is about 51% of the budgeted stewardship for 2010. This is quite encouraging. A detailed graphical representation of these figures is posted on the bulletin board.
· ORTHODOX CALENDARS (Wall and Pocket) – Everyone household will receive an Orthodox Wall Calendar today. Also, if have not received a Orthodox Pocket Calendar yet, please take one of those too.
· UPCOMING SERVICES AND EVENTS – Please check the Messenger, and our parish website for our upcoming services and events for the new year 2010 and continued holiday season (St. Basil, Epiphany, St. John’s Feast Day, blessing of homes, etc.). They will, of course, also be posted here in the upcoming Sunday Bulletins.
· THE PAN-ORTHODOX BLESSING OF THE WATERS/RIVER – This year will be done in Iowa City on Saturday, January 9th, 2010 at 11:00am. Please see the flyer on the Bulletin Board for details.