From 12/13/09 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Dec 14, 2009 4:43:12 PM
· TODAY – There will be a memorial service for Mihai Oancea. May his soul rest in peace among the saints and his memory be eternal.
· TODAY – CHRISTMAS CARD – If for whatever reason, you haven’t yet had a chance to submit your names for the Parish Family Christmas Card, Michael and Regina will still receive your form today during fellowship. The cards will be printed Monday or Tuesday and mailed by mid-week.
· TODAY – CHRISTMAS 2009 POINSETTIA DONATION Sign-up Form in the Church Hall
· TODAY – FELLOWSHIP SIGN-UP LIST FOR 2010 – on the Bulletin Board in the Church Hall.
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL CHILDREN need to stay after fellowship TODAY for the LAST REHEARSAL for this year’s CHRISTMAS PLAY. The Christmas Play will be next Sunday.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – Families will sponsor fellowship NEXT SUNDAY (DEC. 20TH) AFTER THE CHRISTMAS PAGEANT/PLAY. Please use the sign-up sheet to let Julie Frank know what you will bring to the Sunday School Sponsored Fellowship. There is no Sunday School on December 27th for Christmas Vacation. Classes will resume on January 3rd.
· STEWARDSHIP UPDATE – On Stewardship Sunday (Dec. 6), we had a total of 31 households (43 adults) pledge a total of $53,351.00 which is about 51% of the budgeted stewardship for 2010. This is quite encouraging. A detailed graphical representation of these figures is posted on the bulletin board.
· ELECTION RESULTS – The newly elected members to the Parish Council for 2010 were: Darrell Helgens (returning), Thomas Karras (new), and Nicholas Paxton (returning). Each was elected by 30+ votes J. The Oath of Office will be NEXT SUNDAY, December 20, 2009 before the Christmas Play.
· PARISH COUNCIL – Meeting on Wed, Dec. 16 at 6:30pm immediately after Greek School.
· ANGEL TREE TAGS – If you signed up for the Angel Tree Tags this year, but have not yet brought back your gift(s), please be sure to let Sandy Worley know and make arrangements for drop-off.
· THE CHRISTMAS BUDDIES will be revealed on Sunday, December 13 and the others on Sunday, December 20 after the pageant. The Christmas Buddies project began with the Nativity Fast. Since then our seniors and our Sunday School children have been exchanging letters about Christmas memories. The students have been trying to guess who their buddies are, but we will all find out soon enough. You will notice the stockings hanging from the bulletin board in the hall. This is the way they are exchanging letters during this special time of the year.
· CHRISTMAS CAROLING TO THE SHUT-INS AND ELDERLY – If you’d like to be a part of the singing group, please let Edie know or just show up at Fr. Ciprian’s home on Sat., Dec. 19 at 2:00pm.
· THE MESSENGER (Our Bi-Monthly Newsletter) – firstname.lastname@example.org is the email address where ALL SUBMISSIONS (including picture attachments if any) need to be sent. The deadline is Tuesday, December 15. ALL MINISTRY LEADERS are strongly encouraged to submit your parts on time for our next Newsletter Issue so that we can all have it before the New Year starts.
· PHILOPTOCHOS – Visitations to the shut-ins this Monday, December 14. Meet at church at 1:00pm.
· RELIGIOUS EDUCATION – Monday Evenings at 6:00pm starting Dec. 14, 2009.
· HOPE & JOY MOTHERS – are all invited for a brunch at Presbytera Maggie’s home on Tuesday, December 15 (10am-12:30pm). Please speak and RSVP to this event’s coordinator, Elleni Huerter (247-0562). Two Lenten soups will be served. Please bring a favorite bread or salad to share and spend some precious time this busy holiday season celebrating faith, family, and friends.
· YOUNG ALTAR BOYS PROGRAM – All our boys who are or will be 6 years or older by the end of 2009 are invited to come to the Altar Boys' Training during the Great Vespers services every Saturday at 5:15pm. This is a wonderful opportunity and a great way for the younger boys to be trained as altar boys and prepare them to eventually serve during the Divine Liturgy as well.