From 12/06/09 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Dec 9, 2009 6:25:52 PM
· TODAY – STEWARDSHIP SUNDAY – Our Stewardship Program will take place immediately after the Divine Liturgy. After Julie Frank’s presentation and the Stewardship Prayer, everyone will be invited to place your completed Stewardship Pledge Form for 2010 in the collection basket. PARISH COUNCIL ELECTIONS will take place today in the Church Hall and be closed at 1:00pm. Thank you Anne Gasperetti for her faithful service as she will not be returning to the Parish Council next year. The nominees for this election are Darrell Helgens, Nick Paxton, and Thomas Karras.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – Sunday School staff and families will be busy TODAY (DEC 6) and NEXT SUNDAY (DEC 13). Please be prepared to stay AFTER fellowship THESE TWO SUNDAYS. There will be pageant rehearsals, costume fittings and tree decorating. There is a sign-up sheet for Sunday School families & staff to let Julie Frank know what you will bring to the Sunday School Sponsored Fellowship after the Christmas Pageant on Sunday, December 20th this year. There is no Sunday School on December 27th for Christmas Vacation. Classes will resume on January 3rd.
· CHRISTMAS PAGEANT REHEARSALS (for both young and older students) are scheduled during Fellowship on DECEMBER 6 & 13 and SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12 AT 11:00AM.
· YOUNG ALTAR BOYS PROGRAM – All our boys who are or will be 6 years and older by the end of 2009 are invited to come to the Altar Boys' Training during the Great Vespers services every Saturday at 5:15pm. This is a wonderful opportunity and a great way for the younger boys to be trained as altar boys and prepare them to eventually serve during the Divine Liturgy as well.
· PARISH COUNCIL – Meeting on Wed, Dec. 9 at 6:30pm immediately after Greek School.
· SAT, DEC 12, 2009 – St. Spyridon – Orthros (9am) & Divine Liturgy (10am)
· ST. NICHOLAS REVEALED – Sat, Dec 12 – 2:00pm-4:00pm at Marion Public Library – This presentation organized by our Outreach and Evangelism committee is looking to share part of our Orthodox heritage and faith to all those interested to learn/hear about it. Therefore, it as been advertised at local libraries, educational institutions, and other businesses, as well as KCRG and KGAN websites. If interested to help our Outreach and Evangelism committee with this event by making lenten cookies and treats please speak to Carrol Chipokas. We look forward to your participation in the event as well.
· ANGEL TREE TAGS – Our Christmas Tree will be decorated TODAY. Please pick up whatever Angel Tree Tags are left and improve the Christmas Season for troubled children at Tanager place.
· THE CHRISTMAS BUDDIES will be revealed on Sunday, December 13 and the others on Sunday, December 20 after the pageant. The Christmas Buddies project began with the Nativity Fast. Since then our seniors and our Sunday School children have been exchanging letters about Christmas memories. The students have been trying to guess who their buddies are, but we will all find out soon enough. You will notice the stockings hanging from the bulletin board in the hall. This is the way they are exchanging letters during this special time of the year.
· PROSFORO & KOLYVA – Please let Fr. Ciprian know if you’d like to make PROSFORO for the Divine Liturgy or KOLYVA for a Memorial Service next Sunday, Dec. 13.
· SENIOR CITIZES GROUP – is scheduled for a tour of the Granger House on Friday, December 11 at 1:00pm. After the tour everyone will return to church for the White Elephant gift exchange.
· RELIGIOUS EDUCATION – NO Class tomorrow (Dec. 7). They will start on MON, DEC 14, 2009.
· CHRISTMAS CAROLING – will be done on Saturday, December 19th. Speak to Edie Y. for details.
· FELLOWSHIP SIGN-UP LIST FOR 2010 – on the Bulletin Board in the Church Hall.
· THE MESSENGER / NEWSLETTER – firstname.lastname@example.org is the email address where ALL SUBMISSIONS (including picture attachments if any) need to be sent. The deadline is Tuesday, December 15. PLEASE be on with submissions for our next Newsletter Issue so that we can all have it before the New Year starts. The Deadline is Tue, December 15th. PLEASE send all submissions (including attached pictures) to
· HOPE & JOY MOTHERS – are all invited for a brunch at Presbytera Maggie’s house on Tuesday, December 15 (10am-12:30pm). Please speak and RSVP to this event’s coordinator, Elleni Huerter (247-0562). Two Lenten soups will be served. Please bring a favorite bread or salad to share and spend some precious time this busy holiday season celebrating faith, family, and friends.
· CHRISTMAS CARD FORMS – are available downstairs. Please submit TODAY.