From 12-19-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Dec 29, 2010 2:46:49 PM
· TODAY – The CHRISTMAS PLAY will take place immediately after the Divine Liturgy, so please be sure that your children go downstairs to be dressed after communion. After the play is finished, the children will remain at the Solea (front of the church) while the adults will receive Antidoron and proceed downstairs. This will allow for the adults to see our live Nativity scene up-close and for our children to remove their costumes before they go downstairs. We’ll need some adults to help.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL POTLUCK LUNCHEON will take place immediately after the Christmas Play. Parents, please do not send/allow your children (especially the little ones) to go the front of the food serving line by themselves. Since this is a luncheon, all children (especially the little ones) should accompany their parents (or designated adults) who can help the children serve themselves and be seated. aaaaaaaaaaaaa
· SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES will resume January 2nd.
· CHRISTMAS CARD – Thank you to all who submitted your names for the Christmas Card. The envelopes will be prepared for bulk mailing today after the luncheon. Thank you also to Jim Karoules (and his mother Lou and brother Mike) for submitting the form and payment for the Christmas Card on time. Unfortunately, the names have mistakenly not been printed on the Christmas Card. Sorry Jim and again, thank you for your form and your donation.
· Tue, Dec 21 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Wed, Dec 22 – Greek School will resume after the Beginning of the New Year
· Fri, Dec 24 – NATIVITY EVE – 9:00am Royal Hours
· Fri, Dec 24 – 5:30pm Nativity Vespers Service and singing of Nativity Hymns and Carols
· Sat, Dec 25 – HOLY NATIVITY - 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sat, Dec 25 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Dec 26 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship by the Kitsos
· METROPOLIS OF CHICAGO FAMILY BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT – Feb. 11-13, 2011 – Some interest has been expressed. Please let Fr. Ciprian know if you too would like to participate.
· ELECTIONS UPDATE – The 6 individuals elected to the Parish Council for 2011 are: Michael Christodoulou, Frank Dancer, Konstantine Katsiris, Lance Okones, Christopher Paxton, and Nicole Wright. Of these, 2 will be serving partial terms of 1 year, which means that they will be up for re-election (if they choose to run again) at the end of 2011 together with Nick Paxton whose 2-year term ends at the end of 2011 also. Thank you to Kay Escobedo for being so responsive when the Parish Council approached her about serving on the Parish Council for one year to fill the vacancy. The Oath of Office will be done after our Metropolis ratifies the Elections.
· UPCOMING EVENT – Sat, Jan 8, 2011 – 4:00pm Pan-Orthodox Blessing of the Water on 1st Avenue Bridge Downtown Cedar Rapids followed by Procession to our Church for 5:30pm Vespers. His Grace Bishop Demetrios will preside over these two services and the Orthros and Divine Liturgy the following day (Sun, Jan 9th). Divine Liturgy on Sun, Jan 9th will start at 9:30am.