From 12-18-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Dec 27, 2011 5:10:05 PM
· TODAY – After Communion, our Sunday School students will go downstairs and change into their costumes for this Year’s CHRISTMAS PLAY which will take place immediately after the Divine Liturgy but in the Church Hall. Thus, everyone is encouraged to come to the church hall and be seated promptly. Our youth will then go out to the coat area and will re-enter the Hall to start the play. Fr. Ciprian will then hand the Christmas gifts to our students, and the adults will help arrange the tables for fellowship.
· TODAY – THE MESSENGER – The December 15th deadline has passed, but if you have not yet submitted your part, it will still be accepted until midnight tonight.
· TODAY - FELLOWSHIP SIGN-UP – It is that time of the year again where we get to pick the Sunday we want to sponsor Fellowship. Remember, t hose who cannot sponsor the Sunday on their own are encouraged to couple up with somebody. Asking fellow parishioners is always good to receive the necessary help for proper clean-up of the hall following Fellowship.
· TODAY – 4:00pm-6:00pm LAST Financial Peace Class. Remember it’s a POTLUCK
· Mon, Dec. 19 – Fr. Ciprian will be doing visitations in the homes of parishioners.
· Tue, Dec. 20 – 5:30pm-6:30pm – Last ORTHODOX-CHRISTIAN LESSON with on-the-fly translation from an Russian Orthodox mini video. Different from last class.
· Tue, Dec. 20 – 6:30pm Parish Council Meeting
· Wed, Dec. 21 – 1:30pm-3:00pm – Nursing Home Visitations at Living Center West. All are welcome!
· Wed, Dec. 21 – NO Greek School December 21st & 28th. Classes will resume on January 4th.
· Fri (not Sat.), Dec. 23 – 9:00am-10:00am – ROYAL HOURS for NATIVITY ( Paramony of Christmas)
· Sat, Dec. 24 – 5:30pm NATIVITY VESPERS & Singing of Carols
· Sun, Dec. 25 – HOLY NATIVITY OF OUR LORD - 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am POTLUCK Fellowship
· CHRISTMAS POTLUCK FELLOWSHIP – Following the humble but joyous spirit of Christmas, this Potluck does not need to become a big production, but will be an undoubtedly enjoyable Christmas time opportunity. Don’t worry that somebody else will bring the same food or that there won’t be enough food, just be sure to bring your favorite food to share and bring enough to feed yourself and the family/friends you bring with you. Orthodox Christmas Carols will be played in the background during the fellowship and maybe we’ll even do some singing of our own.
· Mon, Dec. 26 – Synaxis of the Theotokos – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy (not in Newsletter)
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – NO classes: Christmas Day (12/25), New Year’s Day (1/1), Feast Day Lunch (1/8)
· CATERING CLERGY – The IOCCA clergy are putting on our CATERING CLERGY hats and together will prepare and serve a dinner in the home of the winner of our Raffle. Dinner will be for up to 8 adults and will be prepared and served on either Thu, Feb. 9 or Fri, Feb. 10, 2012. Ticket sale income ($35/one, $60/two, $25/each for 4 or more tickets) will go to benefit local charities. Drawing will be on Jan 7, 2012.
· ST. JOHN’S FOOD DRIVE – This being the 3rd Sunday of the month, we will be taking our food collections to Linn Community Food Bank this week. We gathered quite a few items. Great job everyone!
· CHURCH CLEANING: Please speak to Father if you are interested in helping with church clean-up.
· PRELIMINARY Year-End Contributions Reports will be handed out today. Please review yours closely.