From 12-12-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Dec 29, 2010 2:45:33 PM
· TODAY – CRISTMAS PLAY PRACTICE during SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS
· TODAY – FELLOWSHIP cancelled due to weather. Coffee and left over snacks available.
· TODAY- ANGEL TREE TAGS AND GIFTS are DUE today. If you do not have them with you, please arrange with Sandy Worley how and where you can drop them off.
· TODAY – SENIORS’ GROUP EVENT IN ANAMOSA – If it is safe to drive, those who have purchased tickets, will car pool to Anamosa to watch “The Scrooge” today at 2:00pm. If driving today is not safe due to bad weather, those who have purchased tickets can use them to watch the show on Friday, Dec. 17 at 7:00pm or Saturday, Dec. 18 at 7:00pm.
· Sun, Dec 12 – 2:00pm – Senior Citizen’s Event in Anamosa – Watching “The Scrooge”
· FR. CIPRIAN WILL BE ON VACATION - Mon, Dec 13 - Fri, Dec 17 – His Graduation Ceremony will be in Las Vegas on Tue, Dec. 14. For emergencies during this time, call Konstantine.
· Tue, Dec 14 – NO Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Wed, Dec 15 – 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; 6:15pm Adult
· Sat, Dec 18 – 9:30am-1:00pm Christmas Caroling to the elderly (talk to Edie Yerington)
· Sat, Dec 18 – 5:30pm Great Vespers & GOYA Event
· GOYA EVENT – Sat, Dec. 18 starts with 5:30pm Vespers – Parents of teenage children, please speak to Julie Frank and confirm that your child(ren) will be coming to this event.
· Sun, Dec 19 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am CHRISTMAS PLAY & Sunday School Potluck Luncheon
· SUNDAY SCHOOL POTLUCK LUNCHEON – Sunday School families will sponsor the potluck luncheon fellowship on Sunday, December 19th after the Christmas Play. If you haven’t yet signed up (through email) to prepare or donate a dish or to work, speak to or email Maria Katsiris.
· THE MESSENGER DEADLINE is DEC. 15 – The Post Office is slower during this time of the year, so please be prompt with your submission for the Jan-Feb 2011 Newsletter so everyone can receive this newsletter issue before the end of this month.
· STEWARDSHIP UPDATE – Since Stewardship and Elections Sunday (Dec. 5), we have 25 households pledging a total of $55,852.00. It is indeed a great start and the goal now is to bring both of these numbers to where it needs to be in the shortest time possible. Being good stewards necessitates our commitment of time, talents and treasury. Our simplified Stewardship Commitment Cards are available for all.
· ELECTIONS UPDATE – The 6 individuals elected to the Parish Council for 2011 are: Michael Christodoulou, Frank Dancer, Konstantine Katsiris, Lance Okones, Christopher Paxton, and Nicole Wright. Of these, 2 will be serving partial terms of 1 year, which means that they will be up for re-election (if they choose to run again) at the end of 2011 together with Nick Paxton whose 2-year term ends at the end of 2011 also. Thank you to Kay Escobedo for being so responsive when the Parish Council approached her about serving on the Parish Council for one year to fill the vacancy. The Oath of Office will be done after our Metropolis ratifies the Elections.