From 12-11-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Dec 27, 2011 5:06:02 PM
· TODAY – ELECTIONS Results – The Parish Council for 2012 is: Michael Christodoulou, Konstantine Katsiris, Nicole Wright, Lance Okones, Chris Paxton, Frank Dancer, and Evan Farfaras.
· TODAY – During Fellowship, our SUNDAY SCHOOL students will eat some refreshments, decorate the Christmas Tree and then go upstairs for a Christmas Play Rehearsal. ANGEL TREE TAGS – are a wonderful charitable opportunity to donate Christmas gifts to children at Tanager Place. Just pick up a TAG from the Church Hall & Christmas Tree, be sure to sign your name by corresponding number, and follow instructions on the card.
· TODAY - CHRISTMAS CARD – The December 4th submission deadline has been extended till TODAY. As of right now, we only have 26 families as opposed to 48 last year, so we hope that if you haven’t already submitted a form, you do so today.
· TODAY - FELLOWSHIP SIGN-UP – It is that time of the year again where we get to pick the Sunday we want to sponsor Fellowship. Remember, those who cannot sponsor the Sunday on their own are encouraged to couple up with somebody. Asking fellow parishioners is always good to receive the necessary help for proper clean-up of the hall following Fellowship.
· TODAY – 4:00pm-6:00pm Financial Peace Class
· Mon, Dec. 12 – St. Spyridon – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Mon, Dec. 12 – Fr. Ciprian will be doing visitations in the homes of parishioners.
· Tue, Dec. 13 – 5:30pm-6:30pm – Another ORTHODOX-CHRISTIAN LESSON with on-the-fly translation from an Russian Orthodox mini video. Different from last class.
· Wed, Dec. 14 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm-5:30pm Children & 6:00pm-7:00pm Adults
· Wed, Dec. 14 – 5:00pm Stewardship Committee Meeting
· Sat, Dec. 17 – CHRISTMAS CAROLING – Speak to Edie Yerington if you’d like to join our Caroling Group. We are thinking to start Caroling at 1:00pm.
· Sat, Dec. 17 – 9:00am-10:00am – Need adults to help set up the tables and chairs for play on Sunday
· Sat, Dec. 17 - 10:00am - 12noon – CHRISTMAS PLAY DRESS REHEARSAL - all children in the play and adults that are helping. Children should come dressed in the clothes they will be wearing for the play.The plan is that we will have the children get dressed in their costumes (30 min), run through the play once (30 min), take off the costumes and repackage them, have a snack (let's plan on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and juice - 30 min) and then run through the play one more time (30 min).
· Sat, Dec. 17 – 4:00pm-5:15pm – Epistle Readers’ Training for ALL CONTINUING AND NEW readers
· Sat, Dec. 17 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Dec. 18 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am CRISTMAS PLAY & Fellowship
· Sun, Dec. 18 - after Communion, the children will go downstairs and get dressed for the play. We will wait in the hall until the parishioners come downstairs and take their seats - then the children will go out to the coat area and will re-enter and start the play.
· CATERING CLERGY – The IOCCA clergy are putting on our CATERING CLERGY hats and together will prepare and serve a dinner in the home of the winner of our Raffle. Dinner will be for up to 8 adults and will be prepared and served on either Thu, Feb. 9 or Fri, Feb. 10, 2012. Ticket sale income ($35/one, $60/two, $25/each for 4 or more tickets) will go to benefit local charities. Drawing will be on Jan 7, 2012.
· ST. JOHN’S FOOD DRIVE – Please read the details on the handout available in the Narthex and Hall.
· CHURCH CLEANING: Please speak to Father if you are interested in helping with church clean-up..
· THE MESSENGER – Newsletter submissions are due on Thursday, Dec 15th. Given that preparation of the newsletter falls during the Christmas feast please don't delay your submissions.