From 12-05-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Dec 29, 2010 2:44:37 PM
· TODAY – MEMORIAL SERVICE for Mountaha and Boulos Nemer, parents of Rita Sacket, will be held today immediately after the Divine Liturgy. May their memory be eternal!
· TODAY – STEWARDSHIP & ELECTIONS SUNDAY – The Stewardship Presentation today will be held by Julie Frank immediately after the Memorial Service. The Stewardship prayer will be recited by everyone afterwards and then stewardship pledges for 2011 will be placed in the offering basket. Parish Council Elections will take place in the church hall during Fellowship.
· TODAY – CHRISTMAS PLAY PRACTICE will be held today by Juliana Dancer after Fellowship and during elections. Two more practices will follow on Sat., December 11 at 11:00am (followed by a Pizza Party) and on Sun., December 12 (depending on how Saturday turns out).
· TODAY – CHRITMAS TREE DECORATION – Sunday School students will help Renee Hadjis decorate the Christmas Tree during Fellowship.
· TODAY – ANGEL TREE TAGS are a wonderful charitable opportunity to donate Christmas gifts to needy/troubled children at Tanager Place. Just pick a tag off the tree, be sure to sign your name by corresponding number, and follow the instructions on the card.
· TODAY is the LAST DAY to tell Edie Yerington if you’d like to join the Seniors’ Group and come to watch “The Scrooge” in Anamosa on Sun, Dec.12 at 2:00pm. There will be NO Christmas White Elephant party after the show due to time constraints.
· TODAY is the LAST DAY to submit your names and donation for the Christmas Card.
· ST. NICHOLAS:
o TODAY, Sun, Dec 5 – 5:30pm Great Vespers for St. Nicholas
o TODAY, Sun, Dec 5 – 6:00pm HOPE & JOY St. Nickolas Event (starts with Vespers)
o TOMORROW, Mon, Dec 6 – St. Nickolas – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Tue, Dec 7 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Wed, Dec 8 – Greek School - 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; 6:00pm Adult
· Wed, Dec 8 – 6:30pm – Parish Council Meeting
· Sat, Dec. 11 – 10:00am Christmas Play Practice & Pizza Party for the participating children
· Sat, Dec. 11 – 5:30pm Great Vespers and Young Altar Boys Training
· Sun, Dec 12 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship
· Sun, Dec 12 – 2:00pm – Senior Citizen’s Event in Anamosa – Watching “The Scrooge”
· Mon, Dec 13 – Fri, Dec 17 – Fr. Ciprian will be on Vacation. His Graduation Ceremony will be in Las Vegas on Tue, December 14. For emergencies during this time, call Konstantine Katsiris.
· Tue, Dec 14 – NO Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Wed, Dec 15 – 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; 6:15pm Adult
· Sat, Dec 18 – 9:30am-1:00pm Christmas Caroling to the elderly
· Sat, Dec 18 – 5:30pm Great Vespers & GOYA Event
· GOYA EVENT – Sat, Dec. 18 starts with 5:30pm Vespers – Parents of teenage children, please speak to Julie Frank and confirm that your child(ren) will be coming to this event.
· Sun, Dec 19 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am CHRISTMAS PLAY & Sunday School Potluck Luncheon
· SUNDAY SCHOOL POTLUCK LUNCHEON – Sunday School families will sponsor this potluck luncheon fellowship on Sunday, December 19th after the Christmas Play. If you haven’t yet signed up (through email) to prepare or donate a dish or to work, speak to or email Maria Katsiris.
· METROPOLIS OF CHICAGO FAMILY BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT – Feb. 11-13, 2011 – Some interest has been expressed. Please let Fr. Ciprian know if you too would like to participate.