From 12-04-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Dec 27, 2011 5:00:26 PM
· TODAY – STEWARDSHIP & ELECTIONS SUNDAY – Following the reading of the Prayers of Thanksgiving and our regular Sunday Collection, Elleni Huerter will present on the 2012 Stewardship Theme “Abide in Me”. After the presentation, the Parish Council and Stewardship Committee members will come to the front of the Church with their Pledge Forms (Stewardship Commitment Cards) for 2012. Fr. Ciprian will lead the entire congregation in the recitation of the Stewardship Prayer on page 362 in our Hymnals. After this prayer, Fr. Ciprian will place his family’s Pledge Form in the Offering Basket; Parish Council and Stewardship Committee will do the same and everybody else will follow. Extra Pledge Forms and a pen are available in every pew. Our Board of Elections (Carrol, Darrell, Ken) will conduct the PARISH COUNCIL ELECTIONS during Fellowship.
· TODAY – During Fellowship, our SUNDAY SCHOOL students will eat some refreshments, decorate the Christmas Tree and then go upstairs for a Christmas Play Rehearsal. ANGEL TREE TAGS – are a wonderful charitable opportunity to donate Christmas gifts to children at Tanager Place. Just pick up a TAG from the Church Hall & Christmas Tree, be sure to sign your name by corresponding number, and follow instructions on the card.
· TODAY – 1:00pm-2:00pm – Mandatory Parish Council Training
· TODAY – 4:00pm-6:00pm Financial Peace Class
· Mon, Dec. 5 – Fr. Ciprian offering visiting our parishioners in homes and nursing home.
· Mon, Dec. 5 – 6:00pm Vespers for St. Nick’s Day
· Mon, Dec. 5 – 6:00pm ALL YOUTH ST. NICK EVENT – Our Youth groups (HOPE, JOY and GOYA) will meet at St. John's for Vespers at 6:00pm and at about 6:30pm for a little fellowship and an educational program about our blessed St. Nicholas. The younger will enjoy this holiday together, with reading, crafts, etc. The older will receive a different age appropriate program with Fr. Ciprian. A blend of ethnic Saint Nicholas treats to follow.
· Tue, Dec. 6 – St. Nicholas – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Tue, Dec. 6 – 5:30pm-6:30pm – Our ORTHODOX-CHRISTIAN LESSON this week will come from today’s Gospel Reading. If there is extra time, we will view another Orthodox mini video.
· Wed, Dec. 7 – 1:30pm-3:00pm – Nursing Home Visitations at Living Center West. We will meet there. Talk to Elleni Huerter if this would be your first time. All are welcome!
· Wed, Dec. 7 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm-5:30pm Children & 6:00pm-7:00pm Adults
· Fri, Dec. 9 – 1:00pm-3:00pm – SENIORS’ EVENT – We will be attending the Christmas Musical at the Amana Theatre Artists Co. (4709 220th Trail in Main Amana). Tickets are $16. Afterwards, we will engage in wonderful conversation at the Amana Bakery and Coffee Shop.
· Sat, Dec. 10 – CHRISTMAS CAROLING – Speak to Edie Yerington if you’d like to join our Caroling Group. We are thinking to start Caroling at 1:00pm.
· Sat, Dec. 10 – 4:00pm-5:30pm – Altar Servers’ Training for ALL BOYS & MEN who are interested.
· Sat, Dec. 10 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Dec. 11 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship
· Mon, Dec. 12 – St. Spyridon – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· CATERING CLERGY – The IOCCA clergy are putting on our CATERING CLERGY hats and together will prepare and serve a dinner in the home of the winner of our Raffle. Dinner will be for up to 8 adults and will be prepared and served on either Thu, Feb. 9 or Fri, Feb. 10, 2012. Ticket sale income ($35/one, $60/two, $25/each for 4 or more tickets) will go to benefit local charities. Drawing will be on Jan 7, 2012.
· ST. JOHN’S FOOD DRIVE – Please read the details on the handout.