From 11/08/09 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Nov 10, 2009 9:10:23 PM
· TODAY - PHILOPTOCHOS THANKSGIVING LUNCHEON – will be served today after the Divine Liturgy. The recommended minimum donation is $5/adult and $3/child; more is encouraged. All donations from this Luncheon will go to support Philoptochos ministries.
· CLERGY-LAITY ASSEMBLY IN MILWAKEE, WI – Nov. 4-7, 2009 – His Eminence Metropolitan Iakovos and His Grace Bishop Demetrios send their hierarchal blessing to our parish family and look forward to the next time either of them get to visit Cedar Rapids.
· ST. NEKTARIOS of Aegina – Mon, November 9th – Orthros (9am) and Divine Liturgy (10am)
· FOOD BANK – Reminder that we continue to collect non-perishable food items for the Linn Community Food Bank.
· SENIOR CITIZENS’ GROUP – Tuesday, Nov. 10th. Meet at the Cedar Rapids Art Museum by Green Square Park for a scheduled tour of the Norman Rockwell Exhibit at 11:00 AM. Please let Edie know if you will be coming so she can make the appropriate reservation for lunch at the Blend Restaurant downtown. There is also a play at Washington High School on Wed, Nov 11 at 1:00 PM for those who would like to attend. For details see flyer on bulletin board or Edie Yerington.
· STEWARDSHIP COMMITTEE – to schedule a meeting soon after 2010 Stewardship material arrive from the Archdiocese.
· GREEK SCHOOL – Every Wednesday – Children’s Class at 4:30pm and Adult Class at 5:30pm.
· PARISH COUNCIL – Meeting on Wed, November 11 at 6:30pm.
· ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOMOS – Fri, Nov. 13 – Orthros (9am) and Divine Liturgy (10am)
· HOPE EVENT – Sat, November 14 at 10am – Leave Church for the Iowa Museum of Natural History on the University Campus to view the wildlife and American History artifacts exhibits.
· OUTREACH AND EVANGELISM – Meeting on Tue, Nov 10 at 6:00pm (Tentative)
· GREAT VESPERS – Every Saturday at 5:30pm.
· FALL PARISH ASSEMBLY ON NOVEMBER 15, 2009 – Everyone’s full participation is strongly encouraged. Thus, if your name is not on the list of Eligible Voters posted on the Bulletin Board, please speak to Michael Christodoulou or Fr. Ciprian.