From 11-20-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Nov 26, 2011 8:24:22 PM
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL – CHRISTMAS PLAY REHEARSAL after fellowship. Our Play Coordinator (Kh. Irene) is sick so parents are encouraged to take upstairs only the children who have actual lines to practice. Since this year’s play includes more lines, parents are encouraged to help children memorize their lines at home as well. The play is on December 18th. No Sunday School or play rehearsal next week Sunday, November 27th. Our CHRISTMAS TREE will be decorated on December 4th. Many thanks to Goldie Helgens for donating ornaments & decorations.
· TODAY – FALL PARISH ASSEMBLY – Everyone is encouraged to stay for the Parish Assembly meeting after the Fellowship and stick around until the end.
· TODAY – 4:00pm-6:00pm Financial Peace Class
· Mon, Nov. 21 – Entrance of the Theotokos into the Temple – 9am Orthros & 10am Divine Liturgy
· Mon, Nov. 21 – Fr. Ciprian will be offering in-home communion to our parishioners
· Tue, Nov. 22 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Our ORTHODOX-CHRISTIAN LESSON this week will include listening to part of Fr. Thomas Hopkos’s presentations from The Orthodox Institute for 2011 named “Scripture through the lens of the Holy Land”.
· Wed, Nov. 23 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm-5:30pm Children Classes (NO Level 1 Class)
· Wed, Nov. 23 – GREEK SCHOOL – 6:00pm-7:00pm Adults Class
· CHANGE in Fr. Ciprian’s Vacation – NO Vacation this week. His next vacation which includes days from his 2012 vacation days is scheduled for Fri, Dec. 30 - Wed, Jan. 4
· Thu, Nov. 24 – Thanksgiving Day
· Sat, Nov. 26 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Nov. 27 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship
· GUATEMALA ORPHANAGE & LARYSSA’S MISSION TRIP – Laryssa Klein is going on a mission trip to the Guatemala Orphanage. If you’d like, you can make a check payable to St. John’s Church and indicate how much you’d like to go toward the orphanage expenses and how much you’d like to go to support Laryssa with her personal costs for this trip.
· GREEN SQUARE MEALS – is one of our Service Outreach ministries. This organization served about 2200 meals last year and estimate about 2500 this year. However, they lost much of their funding recently and would appreciate donations. If you interested in supporting this great cause for our locals, please make your donation payable to “Green Square Meals” and mail it to John Locher at 3518 Heatheridge Drive N.E, Cedar Rapids 52402 (Mark the envelope “Green Square Meals” too).
· BLINDS FOR THE CHURCH HALL – A Sign-up Sheet for donations toward the cost of blinds can be found in the Church Hall. Please be generous; we hope to place the order soon. Speak to Edie.
· FALL DINNER – IF you haven’t already turned in all your ticket sale income and left over tickets, please be sure to do so a.s.a.p. There is also some pita left available for sale.
· FELLOWSHIP – We need someone to sponsor Fellowship for Sunday, Nov. 27.