From 11-14-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Nov 15, 2010 2:46:20 PM
· TODAY – PHILOPTOCHOS THANKSGIVING LUNCHEON – Philoptochos invites everyone to stay for the Thanksgiving Luncheon after the Divine Liturgy. Please do not be limited by the recommended minimum donations of $5/adult and $3/child (over 3 yrs). This Luncheon is one of our Philoptochos Chapter’s sources of support for their many national and local ministries, including Thanksgiving help for needy local families from the Cedar Rapids area.
· TODAY – GOYA Event – Our teenagers will get together for fellowship and games (pool, ping pong, board games, etc.) today from 5pm-7pm at Jack and Jennifer Frank's home (2115 Timber Creek Dr in Marion). Please confirm whether you’ll be coming with Julie or Father during the Luncheon.
· Fr. Ciprian has successfully defended his Doctoral Dissertation in Las Vegas last Thu, Nov. 4th. Glory be to God and thanks to Him and to all of you for your encouragement and your prayers along the way. Since many people ask/tease me about how they should address me from now on, here is my answer: if you called me or referred to me as “Fr. Ciprian” until now, please call me “Fr. Ciprian” from now on - Nope, no typo…J Knowledge I gained during this degree will potentially contribute to many priestly ministries, but will NOT change dynamics of my interactions with any parishioners.
· Tue, Nov 16 – 5:30pm – Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Wed, Nov 17 – Greek Classes - 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; 6:15pm Continuing
· Sat, Nov 20 – 10:30am-11:30am - HOPE Event – Meet at the History Center (615 1st Avenue) at 10:20am for the hour long program of historic games, crafts, and country school atmosphere. Adult should join child(ren) and the suggested donation to the History Center is $3 per child.
· Sat, Nov 20 – 5:30pm Great Vespers & Altar Boy Training (young boys ages 6 and older)
· Sun, Nov 21 – 9:00am Orthros, 10:00am Divine Liturgy; FALL PARISH ASSEMBLY
· Sun, Nov 28 – Parish Council Nominee Seminar
· Sun, Dec 5 – ELECTIONS & STEWARDSHIP SUNDAY
· Sun, Dec 19 – CHRISTMAS PLAY & Sunday School Potluck Luncheon
· PARISH FAMILY CHRISTMAS CARD – Please submit the form included in the Nov-Dec Messenger by the specified deadline (the sooner the better).
· PARISH ASSEMLY – Ideally, all our parishioners should be pledged stewards who attend church services regularly and keep current with all church activities, needs, and personal pledging so all can be voting members at the upcoming Parish Assembly and present during it. A current LIST OF ELIGIBLE VOTERS is placed in the church hall. Please DO check it and, if your name is not on it, speak to Fr. Ciprian or treasurer Michael Christodoulou.
· PARISH COUNCIL ELECTIONS – As always, the current Parish Council encourages the participation of other stewards of our parish in this important ministry. Carefully read the P.C. Nominations Form included in the Nov-Dec Messenger and consider submitting it to Fr. Ciprian (by Nov. 21st) so as to add your name to the ballot for the 2011 Elections that will take place on Dec. 5th.
· Congratulations to Jack Frank who made the Iowa All-State Band as the first bass trombone player in Linn-Mar High School's history. He will be playing in the All-State Concert on Sat., November 20th at Iowa State University. Congratulations to Steven Miller who successfully defended his doctoral dissertation (in Anthropology) this past Friday, November 12th.