From 11-13-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Nov 13, 2011 2:06:55 PM
· TODAY – THANKSGIVING LUNCH – This year again, our Philoptochos ladies is sponsoring the Thanksgiving Lunch immediately after the Divine Liturgy. They have donated all the food and took the time to prepare it. The recommended donations for this excellent lunch is $5/adult and $3/child. All the donations will support our Philoptochos ministries, so feel free to exceed the recommended minimum. DURING THIS LUNCH, the Elleni Huerter (Stewardship Committee Chair) will give a brief (10 mins) presentation about the flowers and fruits of ministry work in the lives of Orthodox Christians.
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL – Rehearsals for the Christmas Play will be held immediately after the Children’s Fellowship. So not to miss any news on upcoming events in the Sunday School, please add the following email to your contacts list: email@example.com.
· TODAY – Sun, Nov. 13 – GOYA Bowling Event – Following the Philoptochos Thanksgiving Luncheon, GOYA members will enjoy an afternoon of bowling from approx. 1:30-3:30pm at Westdale Bowling Center located at 2020 Scotty Dr. SW, Cedar Rapids, IA (319-396-2500). Cost: $4/game + $2.75 for shoes; Special Offer: 3 games and shoes for $10.75.
· TODAY – 4:00pm-6:00pm Financial Peace Class
· Mon, Nov. 14 – Fr. Ciprian will be doing in-home visitations to our parishioners
· Tue, Nov. 15 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Our ORTHODOX-CHRISTIAN LESSON this week will include listening to part of Fr. Thomas Hopkos’s presentations from The Orthodox Institute for 2011 named “Scripture through the lens of the Holy Land”. 4 of our parishioners attended this last week.
· Tue, Nov. 15 – 6:30pm-8:00pm Parish Council Meeting
· Wed, Nov. 16 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm-5:30pm Children & 6:00pm-7:00pm Adults
· Sat, Nov. 19 – 4:30pm-5:30pm – EPISTLE READER TRAINING – All FUTURE Epistle Readers (continuing or new; whether you’ve singed up or not) NEED to come to this Epistle Reader Training class. If you cannot make it THIS class, please let Fr. Ciprian know by Saturday.
· Sat, Nov. 19 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sat, Nov. 19 – about 6:00pm-7:30pm – JOY Game Night – This event really starts with Vespers at 5:30pm, after which our JOY group members will gather in the church hall to play board games together. We'll also hold a brief group meeting to solicit ideas for future gatherings. Please bring your favorite board games and/or card games with you!
· Sun, Nov. 20 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30am Fellowship by the Moscrips
· Sun, Nov. 20 – FALL PARISH ASSEMBLY – If you filled out a Stewardship Pledge Card for 2011, you should have received in the mail this week the Parish Assembly Agenda. The List of Eligible Voters on the back of the Agenda is meant to serve as reminder to all of us about whether or not we are up-to-date or caught up with our pledges for 2011. Our Bylaws indicate that we need to have paid 75% of our year’s pledge in order to be in good standing for the Fall Parish Assembly.
· Mon, Nov. 21 – Entrance of the Theotokos into the Temple – 9am Orthros & 10am Divine Liturgy
· GREEN SQUARE MEALS – is one of our Service Outreach ministries. This organization served about 2200 meals last year and estimate about 2500 this year. However, they lost much of their funding recently and would appreciate donations. If you interested in supporting this great cause for our locals, please make your donation payable to “Green Square Meals” and mail it to John Locher at 3518 Heatheridge Drive N.E, Cedar Rapids 52402 (Mark the envelope “Green Square Meals” too).
· BLINDS FOR THE CHURCH HALL – A Sign-up Sheet for donations toward the cost of blinds can be found in the Church Hall. Please be generous; we hope to place the order soon. Speak to Edie.
· FALL DINNER – IF you haven’t already turned in all your ticket sale income and left over tickets, please be sure to do so a.s.a.p. There is also some pita left available for sale.
· FELLOWSHIP – We need someone to sponsor Fellowship for Sunday, Nov. 27.