From 11-07-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Nov 15, 2010 2:45:30 PM
· Fr. Ciprian has successfully defended his Doctoral Dissertation in Las Vegas this past Thursday, November 4. Glory be to God and thanks to Him and to all of you for your encouragement and your prayers along the way. Since many people asked me as to how they should address me from now on, here is my answer: if you comfortably called me or referred to me as “Fr. Ciprian” until now, please call me “Fr. Ciprian” from now on. Nope, no typo J… This event in my life should and will not affect my interactions with any one parishioner. It will potentially help me improve parish ministries.
· Tue, Nov 9 – St. Nektarios of Aegina – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Tue, Nov 9 – 5:30pm – No Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Tue, Nov 9 – 6:30pm-8:00pm – Philoptochos Meeting
· Wed, Nov 19 – 1:00pm – Senior Citizens watching the Play “Chicago” at Washington High School and having lunch at Panera afterwards (meet at the High School before 1:00pm)
· Wed, Nov 10 – Greek Classes - 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; 6:00pm Continuing
· Wed, Nov 10 – 6:30pm-8:00pm Parish Council Meeting
· Fri, Nov 12 – 11:30pm – Fr. Ciprian presenting at Catholic Church
· Sat, Nov 13 – St. John Chrysostom – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sat, Nov 13 – 5:30pm Great Vespers & Altar Boy Training (young boys ages 6 and older)
· Sun, Nov 14 – 9:00am Orthros, 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 11:30AM PHILOPTOCHOS THANKSGIVING LUNCHEON – Talk to Philoptochos how you can help.
· Sun, Nov 14 – 5:00pm-7:00pm GOYA Game Night at the Frank Residence
· Sun, Nov 21 – Fall PARISH ASSEMBLY immediately after the Divine Liturgy
· Sun, Dec 5 – ELECTIONS & STEWARDSHIP SUNDAY
· Sun, Dec 19 – CHRISTMAS PLAY & Sunday School Potluck Luncheon
· PARISH FAMILY CHRISTMAS CARD – Please submit the form included in the Nov-Dec Messenger by the specified deadline (the sooner the better).
· PARISH ASSEMLY – Ideally, all our parishioners should be pledged stewards who attend church services regularly and keep current with all church activities, needs, and personal pledging so all can be voting members at the upcoming Parish Assembly and present during it. A current LIST OF ELIGIBLE VOTERS is placed in the church hall. Please DO check it and, if your name is not on it, speak to Fr. Ciprian or treasurer Michael Christodoulou.
· PARISH COUNCIL ELECTIONS – As always, the current Parish Council encourages the participation of other stewards of our parish in this important ministry. Carefully read the P.C. Nominations Form included in the Nov-Dec Messenger and consider submitting it to Fr. Ciprian (by Nov. 21st) so as to add your name to the ballot for the 2011 Elections that will take place on Dec. 5th.
· Congratulations to Nikalaus Huerter for placing third for his grade at the state Grade Chess Championships. Good job Nik!