From 10-30-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Oct 31, 2011 7:31:31 PM
· TODAY – Selena Malak (Barbara) Canas will be coming to communion first down the center isle.
· TODAY – 40-day Memorial Service for Angeline Gill. Memorial Service for Jeff (George) Dancer, Vincent Ruggieri, and Louis Khouri. May their souls rest in peace and their memory be eternal!
· TODAY – PHILOPTOCHOS Special Collection for Sts. Cosmas and Damianos
· TODAY – AFTER/AT Fellowship – SUNDAY SCHOOL Teacher Meeting. Workshop is postponed to a later date. The Sunday School has a new Email address. If you have a registered student in the Sunday School, please add the following email to your contacts list: firstname.lastname@example.org
· TODAY – 4:00pm-6:00pm Financial Peace Class
· Tue, Nov.1 – Fri, Nov. 4 – Fr. Ciprian will be out of town at the Archdiocese National Clergy Retreat in Scottsdale, AZ. Just as usual, don’t hesitate to call our Emergencies Number 319-804-8502 whenever necessary.
· Tue, Nov. 1 – NO Orthodox-Christian Lesson Class due to Fr. Ciprian being out of town.
· Wed, Nov. 2 – GREEK SCHOOL – 4:30pm-5:30pm Children; 6:00pm-7:00pm Adults
· Fri, Nov. 4 – 7:00pm Vespers/Litia/Artoklasia in Iowa City for Feast of St. Raphael of Brooklyn
· Sat, Nov. 5 – St. Raphael in Iowa City – 8:45am Orthros & 10:00am Hierarchal Divine Liturgy
· Sat, Nov. 5 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sunday, Nov. 6 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy and Fellowship
· Sun, Nov. 6 – 4:00pm-6:00pm Financial Peace Class
· Tue, Nov. 8 – Archangel Michael & Heavenly Powers – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Tue, Nov. 8 – 11:00am-12noon Stewardship Committee to assemble 2012 Invitation Packet
· Tue, Nov. 8 – 12:30pm-3:00pm Fr. Ciprian IOCCA Meeting in Iowa City
· Tue, Nov. 8 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Orthodox-Christian Lesson
· Tue, Nov. 8 – 6:30pm-8:00pm Philoptochos Meeting
· Wed, Nov. 9 – St. Nektarios – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Wed, Nov. 9 – 1:30pm-3:00pm VISITATIONS at Living Center West Nursing Home. Contact Elleni
· Sat, Nov. 12 – 11:00am-12:30pm – HOPE Event at St. John's. Calling all Princesses, Princes and Knights! The youngest Heirs and Heiresses of our church will come together to learn proper behavior of royalty. We will enjoy popcorn, punch, and stories, highlighting the fact that God’s Kingdom is no fairytale!! Please bring children dressed-up as royalty (use Halloween sales). Contact Elleni Huerter if interested in helping 560-3902.
· Sun, Nov. 13 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; & Philoptochos Thanksgiving Lunch
· PHIOPTOCHOS THANKSGIVING LUNCH – If you are interested to help with the preparations, please speak to Kay Escobedo. DURING THIS LUNCH, the Stewardship Team will be giving a brief presentation about the flowers and fruits of ministry work in the lives of Orthodox Christians.
· Sun, Nov. 13 – 4:00pm-6:00pm Financial Peace Class
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – There still is a position open for a Christmas Play Director this Year. The Christmas play will be on Sun, Dec. 18th. Speak to Fr. Ciprian or Maria Katsiris asap if interested.
· BLINDS FOR THE CHURCH HALL – A Sign-up Sheet for donations toward the cost of blinds can be found in the Church Hall. Please be generous; we hope to place the order soon.
· FALL DINNER – IF you haven’t already turned in all your ticket sale income and left over tickets, please be sure to do so a.s.a.p. There is also some pita left available for sale.
· FELLOWSHIP – We need someone to sponsor Fellowship for Sunday, Nov. 27.