From 10-24-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Oct 24, 2010 8:15:12 PM
· TODAY – UPDATE – What an event-filled week these past 7 days (meetings, classes, social events, presentation, out-of-town worship) and it continues. During his nameday celebration yesterday, Metropolitan Iakovos sent his blessings to our whole parish family and looks forward to seeing our representatives at His Hierarchal Anniversary and Retreat Center fundraiser this Thursday, Nov. 28.
· Tue, Oct 26 – 5:30pm-6:30pm – Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Wed, Oct 27 – GREEK CLASSES - 4:30pm Beginners; 5:30pm Conversational; 6:15pm Continuing
· Wed, Oct 27 – Greek Dancing
· Thu, Oct 28 – Met. Iakovos Anniversary in Chicago – Leaving at 1:30pm, back after midnight
· Sat, Oct 30 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sat, Oct 30 – about 6:00pm GOYA Event with St. George at Bloomsbury Farm (see details below)
· Sun, Oct 31 – 9am Orthros, 10:00am Divine Liturgy; Philoptochos Collection; 11:30am Fellowship by Mary and Bud Moscrip
· Mon, Nov 1 – Sts. Cosmas & Damianos – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· PHILOPTOCHOS – will pass a special annual collection basket next Sunday (Oct. 31) for their Patron Saints Cosmas and Damianos (Nov. 1st)
· METROPOLITAN IAKOVOS 40/30-YEAR HIERARCHAL ANNIVERSARY – Thu, Oct. 28 at 6:00pm in Oakbrooke Terrace, IL – By His Eminence’s, the primary focus of this event will be not on him, but rather on the Metropolis Retreat Center so as to increase awareness. Our church is donating $1250.00 (including our previously-budgeted $1000) toward this worthwhile cause of our Metropolis Retreat Center & Conference Center and other ministries of the Metropolis Clergy Syndesmos. Fr. Ciprian is happy to have a total of 4 parishioners join him in representing our parish at this historical event. He and 2 others will leave at 1:30pm and return well after midnight, so this trip is by no means easy. Others are taking the bus the day before and spending the night. Thus, our church will be well-represented during this great opportunity to fellowship with other faithful from our Metropolis while honoring our long-standing hierarch and learning more about the progress of our Metropolis Retreat Center (more info/pics at www.metropolisretreat.org).
· GOYA Group Event (teenagers) – Sat, Oct 30 at 5:30pm Vespers & 6:00pm Bloomsbury Farm – Following our Saturday Vespers (5:30pm), our teenagers will group together with the teenagers from St. George at about 6:00pm and carpool from our church parking lot to Bloomsbury Farm for an evening of fun. RSVP with Julie by Thursday. Email reminder including all details will be sent in the next couple of days by Julie. Bloomsbury Farm website is www.bloomsburyfarm.com
· Fr. Ciprian will be Defending his Doctoral Dissertation in Las Vegas on Thursday, Nov. 4, 2010 at 1:30pm (3:30pm our Central Time). He’ll appreciate your prayers until then and certainly during his defense as well J He’ll be flying back on Saturday and in time for Vespers.
· FALL GREEK DINNER – If you haven’t already done so, please turn in all ticket sale income and left over tickets as soon as possible so we can finalize the numbers on this fundraiser.