From 10-09-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Oct 14, 2011 6:44:50 PM
· TODAY – 11:00am-7:00pm FALL GREEK DINNER – Come and help!
· BAPTISM INVITATION – Paul and Maria Canas would like to invite the entire Parish Family to the baptism of their daughter Selena Malek this Saturday, October 15 at 12noon. A reception will follow in the Church Hall.
· Mon, Oct. 10 – Fr. Ciprian will be doing Parishioner Visitations.
· Mon, Oct. 10 – 6:30pm Stewardship Committee Meeting
· Tue, Oct. 11 – 5:30pm-6:30pm WEEKLY ORTHODOX-CHRISTIAN LESSONS – This week’s lesson will be on the teachings of St. John Chrysostom on what truly hurts us.
· Tue, Oct. 11 – 6:30pm-8:00pm Philoptochos Meeting
· Wed, Oct 12 – 1:30pm-3:00pm NURSING HOME VISITATIONS. We will meet at Living Center West, and spread good cheer. Contact Elleni Huerter if you’d like to be part of this team. All are welcome!
· Wed, Oct. 12 – 4:30pm-5:30pm Children’s Greek School
· Wed, Oct. 12 – 6:00pm-7:00pm Adult Greek School
· Sat, Oct. 15 – 12:00pm Baptism of Selena Malek
· Sat, Oct. 15 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Oct. 16 – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy; & Fellowship
· SUNDY SCHOOL – There is a position open for a Christmas Play Director this Year. The Christmas Play will be on Sunday, December 25.
· Mon, Oct. 17 - 11:00am - 1:30pm SENIORS' EVENT - Tour of newly-built Coralville Center for Performing Arts and lunch at Charlotte's Restaurant. RSVP with Edie Yerington please.
· Sat, Oct. 22 – 3:00pm-5:00pm – SWORD #3 - Series of Workshops on Orthodox Relationship Development This workshop will examine the difference between feelings of worthlessness and humility, as well as compassion versus self-centeredness. Please register in the Church Hall or speak with Fr. Ciprian or Presbytera Maggie.
· Youth Service Ministry – Please read the “Leaf” it to Us handout and place your name on the Sign-up sheet in the hall if you are interested in having our youth come rake leaves for you on the morning of Sat, Oct. 29th, 2011.
· Sat, Oct. 15 - SYNERGY SYMPOSIUM in Chicago – Fr. Thomas Hopko will speak about Theological and Spiritual implications on the Orthodox Faith pertaining to Human Sexuality and Homosexual attraction and behavior. Registration cost is $40. See Poster for details or contact Frank Dancer.
· Sat-Sun, Oct. 15-16 – BYZANTINE CHANT WORKSHOP – St. Raphael Orthodox Church (722 E. College St., Iowa City, IA) is hosting a workshop with Richard Barrett of All Saints Orthodox Church (Bloomington, IN) who received part of his training from master chanter Ioannis Arvinitis in Athens. Registration is $30. Contact Matthew Arndt (email@example.com or 319-354-0189) for more information or to register.