From 10-03-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Oct 10, 2010 12:45:42 PM
· TODAY – NATIONAL CHURCH MUSIC SUNDAY – honoring our hymnographer saints and church musicians of the past, as well as all those presently singing and/or chanting during worship.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – NO Sunday School classes next Sunday, Oct 10th because of the Fall Dinner.
· GREEK DANCE CLASS – We have a Greek Dance Class every 4th Wednesday of the month at 5:30pm for about 45 minutes. This October, we will have an additional Greek Dancing Class this Wed, Oct 6 at 5:30pm to prepare those who will be so inclined to dance a little at the dinner.
· Tue, Oct 5 – 3:00pm-7:00pm Baklava Preparation (and learning) with Eleonora Rieck. Come when you can and learn/enjoy; NO Life Lessons Class this Tuesday evening Baklava night.
· Wed, Oct 6 – 4:30pm-5:20pm & 6:15pm- 7:00pm Greek Language Classes
· Wed, Oct 6 – 5:30pm-6:15pm Greek Dancing Class
· Sat, Oct 9 – 5:00pm Pastries Drop-off; 5:30pm-6:00pm Great Vespers & Altar Boy Training
· Sun, Oct 10 – 8:30am Orthros; 9:30am Divine Liturgy; 11:00am-7pm Fall Greek Dinner
· FALL GREEK DINNER – October 10, 2010 from 11:00am-7:00pm at the Scottish Right –WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO SIGN UP FOR JUST ABOUT EVERY POSITION – ABOUT 30 OPENINGS SO PLEASE SIGN UP TODAY. Not having enough people to work the stations or scrambling to convince people to help out during the actual dinner will be very visible to our dinner guests and maybe reason for them not to come to future dinners, not to mention the embarrassment of not doing a good job due to lack of involvement. As long as we are willing to give a little bit of our time and talents, THESE DINNERS ARE FUN AND VERY ENJOYABLE FOR THOSE WHO EAT AND THOSE WHO WORK (and THEN EAT). Hope to see all your big smiles and helpful hand there. As usual, turn in all your ticket income (and unsold tickets) by the day of the dinner.
· PHILOPTOCHOS – Eleonora Rieck will lead the preparation of the BAKLAVA FOR THE DINNER this Tuesday (Oct 5) from 3:0pm till about 7:00pm. Anyone interested in helping out and/or learning how to make Baklava is encouraged to come whenever is convenient between those hours. Please let Eleonora know during Fellowship what time you will be coming on Tuesday so she knows what sort of help she’ll get. Also, speak to Eleonora if you’d like to make other desserts for the dinner and speak to Dorothea if you are interesting in helping by making a donation toward the cost of pastries. Bring all pastries to church on Sat, Oct 9 at 5:00pm.
· CEMETERY ANNOUNCEMENT – October 15th is the day when Murdoch cleans up the cemetery, so be sure to pick up your moveable flower pots or other objects before that day.
· 100TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY for St. George Church in ROCK ISLAND – Oct. 16-17 – Met. Iakovos and Archbp. Demetrios will both be present. Details on the bulletin board.
· THE MESSENGER for NOV-DEC - Submissions for the Nov-Dec Newsletter are due on October 15th to email address: email@example.com. Please finalize any Christmas information with your committees and Father before then. If you have a submission that is past October 15th you risk it not being published. Thank you for your efforts – Regina Christodoulou.
· METROPOLITAN IAKOVOS 40/30-YEAR HIERARCHAL ANNIVERSARY – Thu, Oct. 28 at 6:00pm in Oakbrooke Terrace, IL – The goal of the Clergy Syndesmos is to get over 1000 faithful to attend this joyous celebratory event in honor of our hierarch. His Eminence boldly insists, however, that the primary focus of the event be not on him, but rather on the Metropolis Retreat Center so as to increase awareness and hopefully raise the $500,000 in time to begin construction of the Retreat Dormitory in Spring 2011. Please consider making a Dinner Reservation ($125/each) for yourself at this historic get-together of the Metropolis of Chicago. www.metropolisretreat.org