From 09-19-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Oct 10, 2010 12:42:19 PM
· TODAY – Afterfeast of Holy Cross – Philoptochos will pass a special collection basket to raise funds for the Hellenic College / Holy Cross School of Theology.
· TODAY - College Student Sunday – OCF Kick-off Picnic (4pm-7pm) in Iowa City
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – After receiving Holy Communion, all students will go downstairs for their Sunday School lessons. We now have 7 classrooms going on at the same time in the church hall; needless to say, a crying baby, setting up for fellowship, and even conversations in the coat area during class time will be very distracting to the students and teachers. Thus, please set up for fellowship early and, if you must be downstairs for whatever reason, remain in the coat area quietly please. Thank you!
· GREEK SCHOOL – Please see below all the classes offered on Wednesday Evenings. If you are thinking about joining, it’s not too late. Speak to the respective teacher please.
· Tue, Sep 21 – 4:30pm-5:20pm Catechism
· Tue, Sep 21 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Wed, Sep 22 – 4:30pm-5:20pm Continuing Children (Mary Harker)
· Wed, Sep 22 – 4:30pm-5:20pm Beginners Children & Adults (Maria Katsiris)
· Wed, Sep 22 – 5:30pm-6:10pm Conversational Greek (Mary Harker)
· Wed, Sep 22 – 5:30pm-6:10pm Continuing Adults (Harrry Kitsos)
· Sat, Sep 25 – 5:30pm-6:00pm Great Vespers & Altar Boy Training
· Sun, Sep 26 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy and…
· Sun, Sep 26 – about 11:45am – Fr. Ciprian’s 35th Birthday Party will take place in the Church Hall in place of Fellowship. Everyone is invited. Lunch will be catered. Please bring no gifts. Just bring your happiest selves and be prepared for something a little different and hopefully more fun than just regular fellowship.
· FALL GREEK DINNER – October 10, 2010 from 11:30am-7:00pm at the Scottish Right – The success of this fundraising dinner is very important, so please do the best you can to sell all your assigned tickets and ask for more. Be sure to turn in all your ticket income (and unsold tickets) before or on the day of the dinner. You will be contacted by Philoptochos to help out with pastries (work or donations). Last but not least, please sign up for volunteer shifts on the sign-up sheet in the Church Hall as soon as possible. As of today, there are still 30 open shifts; we need to be covered and not have to worry the days prior.
· Once a month (most likely last week of the month) we will have a Greek dancing lesson (Kay Escobedo). Time and date TBD by Kay.
· CEMETERY ANNOUNCEMENT – October 15th is the day when the cemetery will be cleaned up, so if you have any flowers or other objects by some graves that you don’t want tossed, please be sure to remove them before that day.
· Fr. Ciprian thanks everyone for making the effort to always call the Office number first (364-5460) when needing to get ahold of him; it seems to already be making a difference in his daily church routines. Remember if he is not there, leave a message, but if there is an emergency (day or night), never hesitate to call him on his cell 319-389-3190. Please make note of weekday schedule changes in the Sunday Bulletin header.