From 09/06/09 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Sep 2, 2009 8:46:38 PM
· Founders’ Day Picnic – Thank you to Alex and Mindy Hadjis for sponsoring this Picnic luncheon to show their appreciation for the help received during their flood recovery. Thank you also to Nick Hadjis for taking good charge of the barbecue and to all who have contributed to the abundance of desserts. It was wonderful time with plenty of fun for all ages. Memories of such events can last forever. For example, one such memory is when a group of our parishioners all formed a line and got down on their knees searching for John Bayouth’s lost wedding band in the grass. The ring was found by Joe Wright. You can see pictures from this event on our new and improved website.
· Congratulations to Eleni Wendy Agoudemos, daughter of Telemachos and Melissa, who was baptized September 5. Godparents are Anastasios and Athena. God bless you all.
· The Messenger is printed and ready to go. If you would like to have it today as opposed to Tuesday or Wednesday, feel free to grab one from downstairs, but be sure to put down your full name on the sheet provided so we do not send you a second one.
· Fr. Ciprian will be out of town from Mon, Sept 7 to Thu, Sept 10. He will be using Labor Day and the last three days of his vacation for 2009 again for his academic pursuits. He will be meeting with his doctoral committee professors, so please say a prayer for him on Tuesday and especially Wednesday morning that God soften the hearts of the committee J. For emergencies during the specified time, please contact Konstantine Katsiris at 373-0777; if necessary or desired, he will place you in contact with a local orthodox priest.
· Nativity of the Theotokos – Sep 8 – Please note there will no services for this Feast Day at St. John’s due to Fr. Ciprian being out of town. You are invited to attend the Vesperal Divine Liturgy at St. George Antiochian Church on Mon, September 7 at 6:00pm.
· Philoptochos will meet on Tuesday, September 8 at 6:30pm.
· Sunday School – Classes will start next Sunday, September 13. We have over 40 students registered so we might have to get a little spatially creative in the church hall. A prayer for the beginning of the school year will be said over all the students next Sunday immediately after the Gospel Reading. Parents, please be on time so your child does not miss that prayer.
· Greek School – Classes will start on Wednesday, September 16 at 4:30pm. We are looking to see if we have enough interest to start a Beginners Class for Adults - please speak to Harry Kitsos, Mary Harker, or Tom Karras if you are interested.
· Outreach & Evangelism Committee will meet on Saturday, September 12 at 3:00pm.
· Parish Council will meet on Wednesday, September 16 at 6:00pm.
· Prosforo Please let Fr. Ciprian know if you’d like to make prosforo for the Divine Liturgy.
· Upcoming Events – Cooking Class on Koulourakia on Mon, Sept. 14 at 5:45pm; Apple Picking on Sat, Sept. 19 at 9:00am (St. George will join us); Seniors’ Group joint events with St. George on Sept. 20 (Play “Altar Boys”) and Sept. 24 lunch and talk with Bishop Mark (bring dessert); Pan-Orthodox Hierarchal Con-celebration at St. George on Sept. 24 at 6:45pm; Ken & Edie’s house warming on Sat, Sept. 26 at 2:00-4:00pm, Oct. 11 Fall Dinner.