From 09-26-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Oct 10, 2010 12:43:53 PM
· TODAY – Fr. Ciprian’s 35th Birthday Celebration – Everyone is invited to stay. Catered by Alex Hadjis so you know the food will be good. Part of what will happen will be a surprise to Fr. Ciprian and, therefore, sure to be fun J Right before the beginning of the party, Presbytera Maggie encourages you to be one of the people to jot down on paper something about yourself from around 1975 that you don’t mind sharing with others (funny or serious). If Fr. Ciprian will not guess who you are in 3 tries, you will reveal yourself.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – After receiving Holy Communion, all students will go downstairs for their Sunday School lessons. We now have 7 classrooms going on at the same time in the church hall; needless to say, a crying baby, setting up for fellowship, and even conversations in the coat area during class time will be very distracting to the students and teachers. Thus, please set up for fellowship early and, if you must be downstairs for whatever reason, remain in the coat area quietly please. Thanks to all for your cooperation! And thank you to Joe Wright for fixing the Preschool classroom table.
· Fr. Ciprian thanks everyone for making the effort to always call the Office number first (364-5460) when needing to get ahold of him; it seems to already be making a positive difference in his daily church routines. Remember if he is not in the office, leave a message, but if there is an emergency (day or night), never hesitate to call him on his cell 319-389-3190. Please make note of weekday schedule changes in the Sunday Bulletin header.
· GREEK SCHOOL – Please see below all the classes offered on Wednesday Evenings. If you are thinking about joining, it’s not too late. Speak to the respective teacher please.
· Tue, Sep 28 – 4:30pm-5:20pm Catechism
· Tue, Sep 28 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Wed, Sep 29 – 4:30pm-5:20pm Continuing Children (Mary Harker)
· Wed, Sep 29 – 4:30pm-5:20pm Beginners Children & Adults (Maria Katsiris)
· Wed, Sep 29 – 5:30pm-6:10pm Conversational Greek (Mary Harker)
· Wed, Sep 29 – 6:15pm-6:55pm Adult Greek Class Continuing (Harrry Kitsos)
· Wed, Sep 29 (last Wed of month) – 7:00pm-8:00pm Greek Dancing Class (Kay Escobedo)
· Sat, Oct 2 – 5:30pm-6:00pm Great Vespers & Altar Boy Training
· Sun, Oct 3 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy, 11:30am Fellowship
· OCF – Upcoming events are on October 1st, 16th, & 29th. Speak to Fr. Ciprian if interested.
· FALL GREEK DINNER – October 10, 2010 from 11:30am-7:00pm at the Scottish Right – The success of this fundraising dinner is very important, so please do the best you can to sell all your assigned tickets and ask for more. Be sure to turn in all your ticket income (and unsold tickets) before or on the day of the dinner. You will be contacted by Philoptochos to help out with pastries (work or donations). Last but not least, please sign up for volunteer shifts on the sign-up sheet in the Church Hall as soon as possible. There still are plenty of opening and we need to have all the shifts covered.
· CEMETERY ANNOUNCEMENT – October 15th is the day when the cemetery will be cleaned up, so if you have any flowers or other objects by some graves that you don’t want tossed, please be sure to remove them before that day.
· 100TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY for St. George Church in ROCK ISLAND – Oct. 16-17 – Met. Iakovos and Archbp. Demetrios will be present. Details on the bulletin board.