From 09-05-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Sep 10, 2010 7:02:36 PM
· SUNDAY WORSHIP HOURS (back to normal starting TODAY) – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; Fellowship at about 11:30am; Children’s Sermon after Gospel Reading and Sunday School Classes after Holy Communion.
· NEW ECCLESIASTICAL/SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS – Please make note of all the changes in our Parish Ministries marked by the beginning of the new Ecclesiastical and School Year. Also view changes in Fr. Ciprian’s WeekDay Schedule in the Bulletin Heading. NOTE: When you need to get ahold of Fr. Ciprian by phone, please CALL THE OFFICE NUMBER FIRST regardless of the day of the week - you’ll likely find him there (except Thursdays) to speak with or leave a message. If your matter needs immediate attention, YOU CAN ALWAYS CATCH HIM ON HIS CELL, but this process will help him (1) to hopefully break the habit of averaging extremely high number of calls on his cell and none any longer while driving :) and (2) to minimize possible cell interruptions during important meetings. WEEKLY VISITATIONS: Let Fr. Ciprian know if you are interested in joining him for some visitations; he still needs help with Greek for some of these visits :) SUNDAY BULLETIN: From now on, Fr. Ciprian will be putting together the Sunday Bulletins on Fridays (when he will also set time aside for sermon preparation, theological readings, website updates etc.) so please submit your announcements EVERY THURSDAY BY MIDNIGHT.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – The first day of Sunday School will be September 12, 2010 but, if you still haven’t registered your children, please see Maria Katsiris today. The blessing prayer for the beginning of the New School Year will be done on next Sunday (Sun, Sep 12) at the Divine Liturgy.
· GREEK SCHOOL – Classes will begin this Wednesday, Sept 8. If you are interested in taking a Greek School Class please fill out the sign up sheet on the bulletin board across from the Father’s Office. The sign up sheet will also allow you to state a different day/time preference if Wednesday is not the best day for the majority of the participants of the Greek School. Please note we are adding another Greek School class for adults so as to have a Beginners and Intermediate/Continuing as well as continuing Conversational Greek and Dancing in a different format. Speak to Maria Katsiris, Harrry Kitsos, or Mary Harker for more details.
· NEW ALTAR CLOTHS – Thank you to Philoptochos for spear-heading the project of purchasing new covers for the altar and other liturgical items. They were blessed on the Feast of Transfiguration (Aug. 6) and we are using them today. Aren’t they beautiful?
· Tue, Sep 7 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Tue, Sep 7 – 6:30pm-8:00pm Philoptochos Meeting
· Wed, Sep 8 – NATIVITY OF THEOTOKOS – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Wed, Sep 8 – 4:30pm Children’s Greek Classes (Beginners and Advanced)
· Wed, Sep 8 – 5:30pm Adult Greek Classes (Beginners and Continuing)
· Wed, Sep 8 – 6:30pm Conversational Greek and Dancing (every other week)
· Sat, Sep 11 – 5:30pm Great Vespers & Altar Boy Training
· Baptism of Eirene Sophia Shaheen – Sat, Sept. 18 at 10:30am at St. George Church – Fr. Fred and Kh. Michelle extend the invitation to our congregation. If interested to attend the baptism, you must place your name (and count) on the RSVP Form on the Bulletin Board.
· SENIORS’ EVENT – Sat, Sep 18 - Mississippi River Cruise on the "Celebration Belle" leaving from Moline & The Greek Festival at St. George Church in Rock Island The Cruise in Moline leaves at 2:00pm and returns at 3:30pm. Cost is $13.00 for Adults, $12.00 for Seniors and $9.00 for children. After the cruise, EVERYONE (ENTIRE PARISH) is invited to drive to St. George's Greek Orthodox Church in Rock Island for their Greek Festival.
· FALL GREEK DINNER – October 10, 2010 – Please sign up for the shifts you’d like to work and do the best you can for ticket sales. More tickets are available if you sell all the ones issued:)