From 09-02-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Sep 7, 2012 7:06:47 PM
· TODAY – 40-day Memorial Service for Alex Ruggieri (Khouria Irene’s brother). His memorial service today will include some melodies familiar to him and his family from his choir directing days. May his soul rest in peace among the saints and his memory be eternal.
· TODAY – FALL GREEK DINNER – As usual, 10 tickets per adult are distributed in the hopes that all of them and more will be sold. If not, paying for (purchasing) returned tickets becomes a tax-deductible donation. Last but not least, the Sign-up Sheet for the Volunteer Positions is in the Church Hall by the refreshments line, please sign up.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – First day of classes is September 16, 2012. There will be a brief parent-teacher meeting in the Nave of the church immediately following the Divine Liturgy – details already sent by email. This meeting will explain the new programs for the school year. Please attend. NOTE: That same day, the Prayer for the Beginning of the Sunday School Year will be said by Fr. Ciprian over our students (and teachers) immediately after the Gospel Reading (at the Children’s Sermon). Students and teachers should all be present.
· SERVICE TIMES – We just moved back to our regular 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy. However, Fr. Ciprian strongly recommends we DO NOT tinker with our alarm clocks and maybe continue to get up at the same time on Sunday mornings, so as to make it to church earlier. While very few of us are able to make it for Orthros, arriving at church before the Doxology should be a habit for adults and children alike, especially if one intends to receive communion.
· Mon, Sept. 3 – Labour Day (we usually enjoy this day by relaxing & not laboring much?!)
· Tue, Sept. 4 – Hospital & (Nursing) Home Visitations of parishioners by Fr. Ciprian
· Fri, Sept. 7 – 4:00pm Making of Kourambiedes for the Fall Dinner at church. Please come and enjoy helping and/or learning to make these wonderful cookies.
· Fri, Sept. 7 – 5:30pm Great Vespers for Nativity of the Theotokos
· Sat, Sept. 8 – Nativity of the Theotokos – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sat, Sept. 8 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Sept. 9 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy & Fellowship by Kay & Randy Escobedo
· Mon, Sept. 10 – Home & Nursing Home Visitations of parishioners by Fr. Ciprian
· Tue, Sept. 11 – 6:30pm Philoptochos Meeting
· Wed, Sept. 12 – 6:00pm Stewardship Committee Meeting
· Thu, Sept. 13 – 5:30pm Great Vespers for Elevation of the Life-giving Cross
· Fri, Sept. 14 – Elevation of the Cross – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sat, Sept. 15 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Sept. 16 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; 1-year Memorial Service for John Margellos & Fellowship by Brenda & Nick Paxton
· Sun, Sept. 16 – After Children’s Sermon - Special Prayer for the Beginning of the School Year. All students and teachers should be present.
· Sun, Sept. 16 – First Day of Sunday School Classes begin immediately after communion