From 08-28-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Aug 28, 2011 10:15:51 PM
· TODAY – MEMORIAL SERVICE for the Beloved Founders of our church.
· TODAY – FOUNDERS’ DAY POTLUCK – As usual, the meat will be provided by the church and grilled by the Parish Council. Parishioners are encouraged to bring a side dish or dessert to share. Each family should bring their own place settings, table cover (if desired), and drinks. This new location (MORGAN CREEK PARK DAY AREA) has been used for this year’s Sunday School Outing and IT IS beautiful. Printed maps with directions are available for those that want them.
· TODAY – A warm welcome to Fr. Ciprian’s parents, V. Rev. Fr. Aurel & Pre. Lidia Sas, who are visiting from Las Vegas, NV. Fr. Ciprian’s parents and Fr. Ciprian’s family kindly thank everyone who has invited the parents over for dinner or lunch, but since it is practically impossible to answer all the invitations, we’ve decided to give two opportunities for anyone interested to meet with Father’s parents over special fellowships on Wednesday evening (Sept. 7) and Thursday lunch (Sept. 8) – details below. These arrangements have been done in an attempt to be as responsive as we possibly can to everyone and avoid potential hurt feelings from them/us having to choose who to visit and who to not visit. They thank you all for your love and invitations and look forward to meeting with and speaking to as many of you as possible. RSVP with Fr. Ciprian about Sept. 8th lunch.
· Mon, Aug. 29 – Beheading of St. John the Baptist – 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy
· SEPTEMBER 1ST marks the beginning of the New Ecclesiastical Year and our switch back to regular Sunday morning worship time of 9:00am Orthros and 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Thu, Sep. 1 – Ecclesiastical New Year – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sat (Sep. 3) & Sun (Sep. 4) – Fr. Ciprian out of town on priestly duties and planning to bring home the Pantocrator icon from Rochester, MN on Mon, Sep. 5. (For Spiritual Emergencies call: 804-8502)
· Sat, Sep. 3 – 5:30pm Reader’s Vespers
· Sun, Sep. 4 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy (by Fr. Elias); & Fellowship (about 11:30am)
· Tue, Sept. 6 – Fr. Ciprian’s Vacation Day with his parents out of town.
· Wed, Sep. 7 – 6:00pm Great Vespers & Artoklasia for the Nativity of the Theotokos; Meet with Fr. Ciprian’s parents over Fellowship and Refreshments in the Church Hall about 6:40pm.
· Thu, Sep. 8 – Nativity of the Theotokos – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy; Meet with Fr. Ciprian’s parents over lunch at the Biaggi’s Wine Room about 12:00noon.
· Sat, Sep. 10 – 12noon - Seniors’ Event at Kirkwood Class Act Restaurant & Horse Show (Everyone else is invited to join them at the Horse Show about 2:00pm. Speak to Edie Y. for details and to RSVP for restaurant reservations.
· Sat, Sep. 10 – 5:30 Great Vespers
· Sun, Sep. 11 – Beginning of the New Church School Year – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; Prayer for the beginning of the new School Year will be done at the time of the Children’s Sermon (immediately after the Gospel Reading); 11:30am Fellowship
· GREEK SCHOOL – We are currently planning another wonderful year of Greek School classes for adults and children. There is a sign-up sheet posted in the Church Hall for those who are interested in continuing their Greek Language Education or just Beginning. The sign-up sheet will help us arrange classes and teachers. Speak to Mary Harker for more details.