From 08-22-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Sep 10, 2010 7:01:03 PM
· TODAY - Memorial Service for Dean Chipokas and John Tzortzoudakis; Fellowship at about 10:45am (Carrol Chipokas).
· TODAY – Sunday School Teacher meeting during/after Fellowship
· Fri, Aug 20-Mon, Aug 23 – Fr. Ciprian is on Vacation and will be back in the office on Tuesday, Sept. 24. For emergencies call Konstantine Katsiris.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – Registration for the 2010-2011 Sunday School year continues today. The first day of Sunday School will be September 12, 2010, BUT please see Maria Katsiris to register your children a.s.a.p. so that supplies can be ordered in a timely manner. There is a Sunday School Teacher next Sunday, August 22. Let Maria Katsiris if you can’t make it.
· THE MESSENGER – You may pick up your Newsletter today from Mary Harker or Angie Panagos. Be sure to jot your name on the list so we don’t print a label and send it to you again this week.
· Tue, Aug 24 – Fr. Ciprian is back from vacation; Cedar Rapids public school year begins.
· Tue, Aug 24 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Sat, Aug 28 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Aug 29 - SUMMER HOURS - Orthros at 8:00am; Divine Liturgy at 9:00am; Memorial Service for Founders and Picnic at Bever Park in the Red Oak Pavilion.
· Sunday, Aug 29 – FOUNDERS’ DAY - MEMORIAL SERVICE & PICNIC – As usual, the main course is provided by the Parish Council. Thank you to Kay Escobedo who will be doing most of the work since it so happens many of our parish council members are out of town that Sunday; if anyone wishes to help with the preparations, speak to Kay. The main course will be a Lenten Dish because The Beheading of St. John the Baptist (Aug. 29) is a strict fast day. For the same reason, we ask that this year everyone bring desserts and snacks (to share) that are Lenten as well. As usual, don’t forget your own drinks and place settings.
· Sat, Sept 4 – HOPE/JOY APPLE PICKING – “Anyone can count the seeds in a apple, but only God can count the apples in a seed”. Children and accompanying parents will meet at church at 9:00am to drive together to Wilsons Apple Orchard located at 2924 Orchard LN, Iowa City, IA 319-354-5651. Call Elleni Huerter for details or to let her know if you’re coming.
· FALL GREEK DINNER – October 10, 2010 – Tickets have been distributed by Dorothea Allans and Michael Christodoulou today. The sign-up sheet for volunteer work shifts is also posted in the church hall. Please sign up for the shifts you’d like to work and do the best you can for ticket sales. We’ll be happy to give you more tickets when/if you are done selling the ones initially issued :)