From 08-14-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Aug 28, 2011 10:10:57 PM
· CONGRATULATIONS to Allison (Marie) Davenport who was received into the Orthodox Faith through Chrismation yesterday. Her God-mother is Renee (Irini) Hadjis. Allison and Lyndsey will be coming to communion first together with their God-mothers.
· TODAY – IOCC SCHOOL KITS – The remaining 25 kits will be assembled today during/after Fellowship. All 50 kits will be mailed tomorrow to help children in need.
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL – REGISTRATION will take place TODAY and Aug. 21st to have enough time to order and receive all books/materials BEFORE Sept. 11th when S.S. will start. PARENTS, please mark these dates and be prompt in registering your children. Children MUST be 3 years old at time of registration. SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER MEETING shortly after fellowship today so we may prepare for another glorious Sunday School year.
· TODAY – CCT at CMC (Catherine’s Comfortable Tea at Catherine McAuley Center) takes place on Sun, Sept. 18th at Mercy Hospital from 1:30pm-3:30pm, but tickets ($25) go very quickly so speak to Carrol today about purchasing tickets if interested. This is a main fundraiser for Catherine McAuley Center which is one of the organizations our church’s Service Outreach Committee is involved with.
· TODAY – Money for MEN’S NIGHT OUT tickets MUST be turned in TODAY. Details below.
· TODAY – DORMITION VESPERS at SISTER CHURH in East Moline at 5:00pm
· Mon, Aug 15 – DORMITION OF THE THEOTOKOS – 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy
· Fr. Ciprian will NOT be on Vacation on August 16-17 so feel free to solicit him as usual/necessary.
· Sat, Aug 20 at 4:00pm – The PREVIEW for the The Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class is open to anyone interested. This PREVIEW will include a brief introductory video (25 minutes) and some discussion about the nuts and bolts of the class. Decision will also hopefully be made about the day and time for the actual class. Speak to Elleni Huerter or Frank Dancer for more details.
· Sat, Aug 20 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Aug 21 – 8:30am Orthros; 9:30am Divine Liturgy; Memorial Service for George Mpolakis, Dean Chipokas, John Tzortzoudakis; & Fellowship
· Fri, Aug 26 at 6:00pm – Vespers & MEN’S NIGHT OUT – The plan is to gather at the church at 6:00pm for Vespers, and then head over to the Veterans Memorial Stadium for a Kernels’ Game. This should be a fun evening and we look forward to a great turn-out. Tickets will be purchased on August 14th, so be sure to give your $10 to Michael Christodoulou before that date.
· Sat, Aug 27 from 3:00pm-5:00pm – LONG-RANGE PLANNING MEETING – Each member of this committee is strongly encouraged to already make plans to attend this meeting. Good participation is key to the healthy establishment of long range visions.
· Sat, Aug 27 – 5:30 Great Vespers
· Sun, Aug 28 – 8:30am Orthros; 9:30am Divine Liturgy; Memorial Service for our Founders; & FOUNDERS’ DAY POTLUCK at MORGAN CREEK PARK Day Area (Details forthcoming)
· MESSENGER DEADLINE – AUG. 15 - All submissions need to be sent to email@example.com
· PICTORIAL DIRECTORIES – They are done; they look great; and they are here and available for pick-up J All the families who had their picture taken by Olan Mills receive a free directory. We have extras for those who wish to have one for the nominal cost of $5.00.
· GREEK SCHOOL – We are currently planning another wonderful year of Greek School classes for adults and children. There is a sign-up sheet posted in the Church Hall for those who are interested in continuing their Greek Language Education or just Beginning. The sign-up sheet will help us arrange classes and teachers. Speak to Mary Harker for more details.
· OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS – Seniors’ Event (Sat, Sept. 10); Apple Picking (Sept. 17). Look for details in upcoming Sunday Bulletins.