From 08-19-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Sep 7, 2012 7:05:10 PM
· PAST EVENT – ORTHODOX SUMMER CAMP – Camp St. George on the grounds of YMCA Camp Wapsie site (half hour away) starts today (Aug. 12) and ends Saturday, Aug. 18. Thanks to a generous $10,000 donation, our newly established fund helped subsidize two of our youth to participate in a wonderful Orthodox Summer Camp this year and will continue to do so for our children’s future involvement in such camps as well.
· PAST EVENT – Pilgrimage to Venerate relics of St. Nektarios at St. John Chrysostomos Monastery and Overnight Stay at our Metropolis’ St. Iakovos Retreat Center. Our group exceeded 30 people (including 9 children) and our experience was priceless.
· TODAY – 40-day Memorial Service for Kyriakos Kovorvilas. May his memory be eternal and his soul rest in peace among the saints.
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL REGISTRATION continues today. Please see Maria Katsiris for your registration form. The first day of Sunday School is September 16, 2012. There is a Sunday School Teacher meeting during Fellowship today.
· Mon, Aug. 20 – Visitations & Communion in (nursing) homes of parishioners by Fr. Ciprian
· Tue, Aug. 21 – 6:30pm Parish Council Meeting
· Sat, Aug. 25 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Aug. 26 – 8:30am Orthoros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy & Memorial Service for our Founders
· Kolyva – If you’d like to prepare Kolyva for this service, please speak with Fr. Ciprian
· Sun, Aug. 26 – FOUNDERS’ DAY PICNIC & FELLOWSHIP at Bever Park (Red Oak Pavilion) will follow the Memorial Service. As usual, the Parish Council is responsible for organizing the event: main course is provided by the church; side dishes, desserts, and drinks are potluck style. Please don’t forget to bring your place settings and good cheer.
· Wed, Aug. 29 – Beheading of St. John the Baptist - 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy
· SUMMER HOURS – Starting Sept. 1st we move back to our regular hours for Orthros and Divine Liturgy (9:00AM ORTHROS & 10:00AM DIVINE LITURGY)
· Sat, Sep. 1st – Ecclesiastical New Year – 9:00am Orthros & 10:00am Divine Liturgy
· Sat, Sep. 1 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sat, Sep. 2 – 9:00am Orthros; 10:00am Divine Liturgy; & Fellowship by Dorothea Allans
· The NEWSLETTER DEADLINE for the Sept-Oct MESSENGER submissions is August 15. If you are a ministry leader and have not submitted your piece yet, please do so A.S.A.P.