From 08-12-2012 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Sep 7, 2012 7:04:14 PM
· VACATION CHURCH SCHOOL was another success this year with over 20 students participating. Thanks to Pre. Maggie and Dorothea Allans for their command of this educational ministry and to all the other helpers: Maria, Leasha, Edie, Steve, Carrol, Eleonora, Regina, Maria O. See the flower pot by the icon of the Theotokos.
· TODAY – SUNDAY SCHOOL REGISTRATION continues today. Please see Dorothea Allans for your registration form. The first day of Sunday School is September 16, 2012, but we need registrations submitted this month to have enough time to order supplies.
· DORMITION FAST (Aug. 1-15) - Another couple of days of fasting and one more Paraklesis service. Please observe to the best of your ability.
· ORTHODOX SUMMER CAMP – Camp St. George on the grounds of YMCA Camp Wapsie site (half hour away) starts today (Aug. 12) and ends Saturday, Aug. 18. Thanks to a generous $10,000 donation, our newly established fund is helping subsidize two of our youth to participate this year and will continue to do so for our children’s future involvement in such camps as well.
· Mon, Aug. 13 – 5:30pm-6:30pm Paraklesis Service
· Tue, Aug. 14 – 7:00pm (not 6:00pm) Vespers at Assumption Church in East Moline
· Wed, Aug. 15 – Dormition of Theotokos - 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy
· Wed, Aug. 15 – Service Outreach meeting after the Divine Liturgy
· Thu, Aug. 16 – Fr. Ciprian celebrating morning services at St. George Camp
· Fri-Sat, Aug. 17-18 – Pilgrimage to Venerate relics of St. Nektarios at St. John Chrysostomos Monastery and Overnight Stay at our Metropolis St. Iakovos Retreat Center (woods, pools, pond, animals, etc.).
· Sat, Aug. 18 – Name Day Festival in East Moline (see flyer on bulletin board)
· Sat, Aug. 18 – 5:30pm Vespers (by our readers/cantors)
· Sun, Aug. 19 – 8:30am Orthros; 9:30am Divine Liturgy; 11:00am Fellowship by Elleni & Rory Huerter.
· Sun, Aug. 19 – SUNDAY SCHOOL Teacher Meeting during Fellowship.
· PROSFORO – Please let Fr. Ciprian know if you’d like to prepare prosforo for use at the Divine Liturgy.
· The NEWSLETTER DEADLINE for the Sept-Oct MESSENGER submissions is August 15. If you are a ministry leader, please don’t wait until the very last minute to speak with Fr. Ciprian about events for your respective ministries so that events can be finalized and & submitted to email@example.com in a timely manner.
· ORGAN – As per Parish Assembly decision, our organ is available to go to a good home. Free will donation is encouraged.
· Sun, Aug. 26 – 8:30am Orthoros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy & Memorial Service
· Sun, Aug. 26 – FOUNDERS’ DAY PICNIC & FELLOWSHIP at Bever Park (Red Oak Pavilion) will follow the Memorial Service. As usual, the Parish council is responsible for organizing the event: main course is provided by the church; side dishes, desserts, and drinks are potluck style. Please don’t forget to bring your place settings and good cheer.