From 07/04/10 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Jul 4, 2010 5:37:02 PM
· TODAY - The following persons need to speak with Fr. Ciprian during Fellowship to iron out details about the upcoming Sunday School Outing in July and Vacation Church School in August: Nicole, Lance, Maria McD., Michelle, Kyrsten, Jessica, Dorothea, Lynsey. The use the sign-up sheet for Vacation Church School is available in the Church Hall.
· TODAY – A special DOXOLOGY for 4th of July will be prayed immediately after the Divine Liturgy. Happy 4th of July to all!
· PICTORIAL DIRECTORY & CHURCH DATABASE UPDATE – By now, everyone should have received in the mail a one-page letter with instructions and a form on the backside of the letter. The instruction are simple and the form is short; please COMPLETE THE FORM ACCURATELY and make sure we have it in hand, NO LATER THAN THU, JULY 15. You can mail it or bring it with you to church next Sunday. This will not only allow us to print only wanted and accurate information in the Directory, but it will also enable us update our Parishioner Household Database.
· SUMMER SERVICE HOURS – ORTHOS AT 8:00AM & DIVINE LITURGY AT 9:00AM. UPDATE: Though our Sunday morning attendance doesn’t seem to have suffered as a result of the earlier service time, I have just been informed that it is more difficult for mothers (parents) to get the children ready by the 9:00am Divine Liturgy. Please use the month of July to tell Fr. Ciprian whether you think we should change the service times to 8:30am (Orthros) and 9:30am (Divine Liturgy) for the month of August. We don’t want this change to turn out to be a real burden for any of our parishioners, adults and children alike.
· NATIONAL CLERGY-LAITY CONGRESS – It’s that year and that time of the year again when the Hierarchs, Priest, and parishioners meet together to make important decisions for the National Church. Fr. Ciprian has been granted special permission from the hierarchs to not attend this year’s Congress so as to use the time to analyze the data he collected for his dissertation research and write up the results. To accomplish this task, Fr. Ciprian might be out of town for part of this week, but will return on Saturday, July 10th and Great Vespers will be s erved at 5:30pm. For emergencies, call Michael Christodoulou.
· Tue, July 6 – NO Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Wed, July 7 – Greek Dancing & Conversational Greek at 5:30pm - 7:00pm
· Sat, July 10 – Fr. Ciprian returns to full daily duties
· Sat, July 10 – Great Vespers at 5:30pm
· Sun, July 11 – SUMMER HOURS - Orthros at 8:00am; Divine Liturgy at 9:00am; Fellowship at about 10:30am (Dorothea Allans).
· Mon, July 12-Wed, July 14 – Fr. Ciprian on Vacation (likely still working on dissertation)
· Tue, July 13 – NO Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class
· Wed, July 14 – Greek Dancing & Conversational Greek at 5:30pm-6:30pm
· Wed, July 14 – Parish Council Meeting at 6:30pm
· Sat, July 17 – Great Vespers at 5:30pm-6:00pm
· Sun, July 18 – Sunday School Outing at Lake McBride (Picnic, Outdoor Fun, Swimming and Canoeing/Kayaking)