From 07-31-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Aug 28, 2011 10:08:25 PM
· TODAY – BLESSING OF CLERICAL VESTMENTS – Fr. Ciprian’s beautiful new set of blue Vestments will be blessed immediately after the Divine Liturgy and he will start wearing them tomorrow with the beginning of the Dormition Fast August 1-15.
· TODAY is the LAST DAY to SIGN-UP for The Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class PREVIEW – This program has helped many faithful people, and Orthodox faithful alike, to achieve financial peace and stability. If you are even just remotely interested in hearing what the program is about, please sign-up in the church hall and you will be contacted about the PREVIEW DATE which will include a brief introductory video (25 minutes) and some discussion about the nuts and bolts of the class.
· TODAY – SIGN-UP for IOCC SCHOOL KITS – Our church is reaching out to help needy children throughout the world by preparing 50 School Supply Kits. Please sign your name by the items you’d like to donate, and be sure to bring all itmes to church by the specified deadline (Sun, August 7). Speak to Dorothea Allans if you have any questions, or if you would like to help the Service Outreach Committee assemble these Kits after the August 7th deadline.
· TODAY – VACATION CHURCH SCHOOL (Mon, Aug 1 – Fri, Aug 5 @ 9:00am-12noon) – We have about 25 students signed-up currently and, this year, we have a separate age-appropriate program/curriculum for our older students. PLEASE SIGN-UP TODAY if you would like to donate refreshments for the students’ 10:30am snack.
· AUG 1-15 – DORMITION LENT – Please observe to the best of your ability @ SUBMIT NAMES
· PARAKLESIS SERVICES – EVERY Mon., Wed. and Fri. at 6:00pm (NOT 5:30pm)
· Mon, Aug 1 – 5:00pm Singing Rehearsal of the Paraklesis Hymns. Everyone is invited.
· Fri, Aug 5 – 6:00pm (not 5:30pm) Transfiguration Vespers (NO Paraklesis this Friday)
· Sat, Aug. 6 – HOLY TRANSFIGURATION - 8:30am Orthros, 9:30am Divine Liturgy & blessing of Grapes; Our Sunday School students may sing and/or recite communion prayers.
· Sat, Aug 6 – Our first ever FAMILY BIKE RIDE will take place shortly after Divine Liturgy and a light brunch. After the Divine Liturgy and the blessing of graves, everyone is invited to eat brunch together in the Church Hall (bring your own brunch). At about 11:00am we will go for a gentle, kid-friendly pace bike ride down the trail. If help is needed transporting your bikes we can assist, or bikes can be brought to church the night before. RSVP with Elleni Huerter.
· Sat, Aug 6 – 5:30pm Great Vespers
· PICTORIAL DIRECTORIES – They are done; they look great; and they are here and available for pick-up J All the families who had their picture taken by Olan Mills receive a free directory. We have extras for those who wish to have one for the nominal cost of $5.00.
· CHURCH BEAUTIFICATION – Our church building is in need of some TLC (Tender Loving Care). We have started the much-needed De-Cluttering project in the Church Hall with the extended vision of beautifying it and making it more functional for the multiple purposes we have for it. You may be contacted directly to help, please be responsive.
· FREE TO A GOOD HOME – As a result of the much needed de-cluttering, we have placed several things on the blue Dessert Table. They are primarily old books that have gotten NO use at church for many many years and we hope to find them a good home. Thus, PLEASE BROWSE THROUGH THEM AND TAKE HOME WHAT YOU LIKE TODAY.
· MEN’S NIGHT OUT – Fri, Aug 26 at 6:30pm. The plan is to gather at the church at 6:00pm for Vespers, and then head over to the Veterans Memorial Stadium for a Kernels’ Game. This should be a fun evening and we look forward to a great turn-out. Tickets will be purchased on August 14th, so be sure to give your $10 to Michael Christodoulou before that date.
· MESSENGER DEADLINE – AUG. 15 - All submissions need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org