From 07-18-2010 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Sep 10, 2010 6:57:16 PM
· TODAY – 2:30pm-6:30pm at Lake MacBride Beach - SUNDAY SCHOOL OUTING - We’ll be celebrating another successful year of Sunday School a picnic and plenty of outdoor fun. Bring blankets, towels, and flotation devices in case you’ll want to swim in the lake. We will have two tandem kayaks, each fitting one adult and two children; there are also paddle boats and canoes to rent. All food and plates/napkins will be provided by the church so there is no cost associated with the fun outing for our hard working Sunday School kids. We do need someone to bring a portable grill. Directions available on the website this week and at church next Sunday. Contact Michelle Bayouth at 621-3979 with questions or to RSVP.
· SUNDAY SCHOOL – Thank you to Renee Hadjis, Jessica White, Juliana Frank and Elleni Huerter for their help in cleaning out and organizing the Sunday School Lockers. Your donated time to complete this project will surely be a big help for the new Sunday School Year.
· SENIORS – The Musical “God’s Spell” is playing at the Anglert Theater in Iowa City on Fri, Sat, Sun next weekend. For more details, see the flyer on the bulletin board or talk to Edie.
· PICTORIAL DIRECTORY – Thank you to all who have submitted your form by the July 15 deadline. We’re hoping to finish updating the database and compiling all information in the proper format this week for Olan Mills to start working on our Pictorial Directory.
· Mon, July 19 at 6:00pm in Dubuque – METROPOLIS LEADERSHIP SEMINAR – Most of us will be leaving our church by 4:30pm (tomorrow) so we make it in time for 6:00pm Hierarchal Vespers at St. Elias Church in Dubuque, IA. If anyone else is interested in coming, you’ll have to let Fr. Ciprian know today during fellowship.
· Tue, July 20 – ST. ELIAS - 8:00am Orthros & 9:00am Divine Liturgy at St. George Church in Cedar Rapids. It is our turn to joing St. George in worship; Fr. Ciprian looks forward to hopefully seeing all our weekday regulars at St. George for this Feast Day. Refreshments will follow the Divine Liturgy.
· Tue, July 20 – NO Life Lessons from Gospel Readings Class at 6:00pm.
· Tue, July 20 – LADIES’ NIGHT OUT (Mini Golf & Dinner) – organized by Philoptochos for all the ladies of our parish. Everyone should be at the Airport National Public Golf and Range located at 3001 Wright Bros. Blvd., Cedar Rapids by 6:00PM for a game of Mini Golf. The expense for mini golf will be around $5 or $6. The place to eat will be decided either today during fellowship or on Tuesday night, as it depends on when the mini golf game is finished.
· Wed, July 21 – Greek Dancing & Conversational Greek at 5:30pm-7:00pm
· Fri, July 23 – Fri, July 30 – Fr. Ciprian on Vacation at brother’s religious wedding.
· Sat, July 24 – NO Great Vespers at 5:30pm-6:00pm
· Sun, July 25 – Orthros & Divine Liturgy by substitute priest
· Tue, July 27 – NO Life Lessons from Gospel Reading Class
· Wed, July 28 - Greek Dancing & Conversational Greek at 5:30pm-7:00pm
· Sat, July 31 – Fr. Ciprian returns; 5:30pm Great Vespers
· Sun, Aug 1 – Dormition Lent Starts; SUMMER HOURS - Orthros at 8:00am; Divine Liturgy at 9:00am; Fellowship at about 10:30am ().
· Mon-Fri, Aug 2-6 – VACATION CHURCH SCHOOL – Theme is “Champions of Faith”