From 07-17-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Jul 19, 2011 10:15:25 PM
· Sun, July 17 – 4:00pm-7:00pm – Sunday School Outing – Plans have changed due to the HOT weather. We will all meet at Cherry Hill Swimming Pool at 4:00pm where we plan to have a good time and stay cool by/in the water for about two hours. At about 6:00pm, we will all enjoy a barbeque style dinner. The Church is providing the main dish and covering the entrance cost for all the Sunday School students. If your family already has a Summer Swimming Pass, please plan to bring and use them. Entrance fee for the accompanying adults/parents is less than $5/each. If you are bringing a side dish, dessert, or drink and haven’t signed up yet, just let Michelle Bayouth know by phone this afternoon.
· Tue, July 19 – 6:00pm-8:00pm – Parish Council Meeting
· Tue, July 19 – SERVICE OUTREACH – Our Visitations team will meet at church at 11:00am and car pool to Living Care West for an 11:30am training meeting. Our Green Square Meals team is volunteering in the evening. If you’d like to become part of either of these ministries, speak to Elleni Huerter (Visitations) and to Dorothea Allans (Green Square Meals).
· Wed, July 20 – 5:30pm-6:30pm – Conversational Greek for ALL AGES and ALL LEVELS.
· Sat, July 23 – 10:00am-12noon – JOY Ceramics Project (Part 2) – We will be painting the fired clay pots/objects made at the last meeting. If you didn't attend last time, come anyway! We made extras. Wear grubby clothes that you don't mind getting painted!
· Sat, July 23 – 1:00pm-4:00pm - Joint Baby Shower for the Canas and Kemner Babies – All ladies of our parish are invited to the Dancer residence (3150 5th St., Marion) to welcome the newest members of our parish family (one of which has already arrived) with food, fun and fellowship. Please RSVP with Juliana Dancer or Elleni Huerter.
· Sat, July 23 – 5:30pm Great Vespers & Chrismation of Lindsey Psiropoulos
· Sun, July 24 – 8:30am Orthros; 9:30am Divine Liturgy; 11:00am Light Fellowship
· Sun, July 24 – 12:00pm (noon) - Orthodox Wedding for Michael and Lindsey Psiropoulos; Michael and Lindsey are inviting the entire Parish Family to enjoy some light refreshments after the Divine Liturgy and then join them for the Ceremony at 12:00(noon) as well as the Reception that follows (in the Church Hall a little after 1:00pm).
· Tue, July 26 – 6:00pm-8:30pm – Ladies’ Night Out – Philoptochos is organizing this for ALL ladies of our parish and several are already signed up. Please see the sign up list for more details.
· SIGN-UP for The Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class PREVIEW – This program has helped many faithful people, and Orthodox faithful alike, to achieve financial peace and stability. If you are even just remotely interested in hearing what the program is about, please sign-up in the church hall and you will be informed/contacted about the PREVIEW DATE which will include a brief introductory video (25 minutes) and some discussion about the nuts and bolts of the class.
· SIGN-UP for VACATION CHURCH SCHOOL (Mon, Aug 1 – Fri, Aug 5) – Children need to be 4 years or older to benefit from the curriculum and PARENTS must SIGN THEM UP A.S.A.P. by placing your children’s name and ages on the Sign-Up sheet in the Church Hall or by calling Fr. Ciprian. We need an ACCURATE head-count of all the children who will be attending/participating for purchasing materials, etc. Teenagers are welcome to sign up and participate as teacher assistants or mentors to the younger kids.
· PICTORIAL DIRECTORIES – They are done; they look great; and they are here and available for pick-up J All the families who had their picture taken by Olan Mills will receive a free directory today. We have extras for those who wish to have one for the nominal cost of $5.00.