From 06-26-2011 Sunday Bulletin
Post date: Jun 27, 2011 9:17:05 AM
· TODAY – High School Graduation Party of Yobel Ande at the Best Western Hotel (90 Twixt Town Rd. NE) today from 4:00pm to 8:00pm. Everyone is invited. Congratulations Yobel!
· APOSTLES FAST – Fish is allowed until Wed, June 29th. Observe it to the best of your ability and come for worship on Sts. Peter and Paul either on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.
· Mon, June 27 at 5:30pm – Service Outreach Committee assembling the IOCC Disaster Kits
· Tue, June 28 at 5:30pm – Great Vespers for Sts. Peter & Paul
· Tue, June 28 at 7:00pm – HOPE Event – The HOPE group invites anyone who would like to attend the Brucemore Balloon Glow to enjoy watching tethered balloons illuminate the sky and create a kaleidoscope of colors. The cost is $3 for a Freedom Festival button to get in. Bring your own lawn chairs, blankets, and snacks and meet up next to the balloons close to 1st Avenue.
· Wed, June 29 – Sts. Peter & Paul – 8:30am Orthros & 9:30am Divine Liturgy
· Wednesdays at 5:30pm (until July 27) – CONVERSATIONAL GREEK for ALL AGES and ALL LEVELS. Continuing students are using the same Conversational Book as last summer and the class is being taught by Mary Harker. Beginning (new) students need to order the $20 book through Maria Katsiris, who is teaching the beginners’ class starting with the alphabet.
· SERVICE OUTREACH – We now have a confirmed date for Green Square Meals service outreach ministry (Tue, July 19th). If you’d like to be part of that group, talk to Dorothea. We also currently have a team of 4 four our Visitations service outreach ministry. A date to visit Living Care West will be confirmed soon; if you’d like to be part of this group, speak to Elleni Huerter.
· LADIES’ NIGHT OUT – Philoptochos is organizing this for ALL ladies of our parish and several are already signed up. PLEASE NOTE that since JULY 19th conflicts with the Green Square Meals ministry some of our ladies are participating in, all ladies are encouraged to join in the discussion TODAY DURING FELLOWSHIP in order to pick a better date.
· 50 IOCC DISASTER HEALTH KITS – Thank you to all who have contributed to this great cause. We now have all the items needed, but we still need someone to donate $15 to cover the cost of the last nail clippers. If you’d like to help the Service Outreach Committee to assemble these kits, talk to Dorothea Allans or show up at church tomorrow, Monday, June 27 at 5:30pm.
· SWORD #2 – We had great Workshop yesterday. The Handouts and the Recorded CD with the Jesus Prayer Curriculum is available for those who desire it. Speak to Presbytera Maggie.
· UPCOMING EVENTS – Sunday School Outing (Sun, July 17), Ladies’ Night Out (Tue, July 19 – might change), Vacation Church School (Mon, Aug 1 – Fri, Aug. 5)
· Fr. Ciprian will be on Vacation from Fri, July 1 to Thu, July 14. There will be NO Vespers on Sat, July 2nd, but ALL OTHER SERVICES will be held as the usual time. For urgent matters during these two weeks, please call our emergencies number; see the header of this Bulletin or the Contact Information Card you received with the previous Messenger.